Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Story of my life

Comment

Well I promised, so now its time to deliver (partly, as there is more that I need to take pictures of):

Local beers (both brewed with natural honey, a taste I've become quite fond of recently, just need to import myself a bottle of Honey Jack Daniels, maybe CD could ship one with one of my books? )

The second one is a dark beer and is fantastic.

2012-01-15 19.23.36.jpg 2012-01-26 17.56.04.jpg
      Last edited by peteOcha; 01-31-2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Ooo, I love anchovies, so order away!
        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Welcome to the libation tank, Pete. Nice Photos. I'll be rounding up some more tasties for Superbowl Sunday...including a pizza with anchovies!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

These next two are again flavored.

Kriek is a fantastic beer, made in Belgium. It comes in several varieties, but they what they have in common is that they are brewed with sour morello cherries (added to the barrels).This particular Kriek is my favorite, the cherries are first fermented for 2 years before being added to the beer. The taste is beer like at first, then sour, and a sweet finish.

2012-01-25 21.14.01.jpg2012-01-26 19.47.46.jpg
            Last edited by peteOcha; 01-31-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Welcome to the libation tank, Pete. Nice Photos. I'll be rounding up some more tasties for Superbowl Sunday...including a pizza with anchovies!
              Ahhh, Superbowl! It hurts to even think about! I used to live in NJ, so I'm a big Giants fan. After moving to europe, I had one channel that only showed the playoffs and the superbowl but a few years ago they got rid of the games on that channel!!

Comment

Well, it's Superbowl Sunday, and I'm ready for the big game. I've got my brew of choice today:

DB.jpg

Celebrator, dopplebock beer from Germany--nothing else looked interesting.

And, of course, my Neopolitan pizza:

AP.jpg

Just look at those anchovies swimming along, spreading their aromatic essences throughout the pie. Yum!

I can't stand the pregame shows anymore. Everybody's waxing phillosophical about what the game means. Give me a break! It's 60 minutes of grown men beating the %$##@! out of each other in a controlled choas environment. It's entertainment. If they want to improve the game, have all the teams line up and shout in unison: "Commisioner Goodell, those of use about to get concussions and other serious injuries salute you!"

2 hoours to go...
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

9-0 Giants. Deserves another round! <berp>
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

As a Chiefs fan I do not have any skin in this game but I will say it is a long way from over.
                    9-0 Giants. Deserves another round! <berp>

Comment

Of course it does. At least four more pieces of pizza and two Dopplebocks! And a large plate of nachoes, some chocolate chip cookies....
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And I'm a Buccaneer fan; They've got more problems than the Chiefs!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Indeed they do. Neither are close to playing in the Super Bowl but we are probably a little bit closer.

Comment

How in the world does a KC guy become a Bucs fan??? I live an hour away from Raymond James and I'm not sure I am a fan
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Well, growing up in western Kansas, I was a vikings fan. Fran Tarkington retired in '76 and I realized I was an FT fan, not really a Vikings fan. So I had to choose a new team. The Seattle Seahawks and the Tampa bay Buccaneers were expansion teams that year, so I decided I choose one of them; but which one? The night before I had watched The Sea Hawk with Errrol Flynn and when I saw the silhouette of EF on the helmets of the Bucs, I knew I had my team!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Great explanation and now it makes perfect sense. I actually do follow the Bucs so I'm glad you're on board.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X