No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dahl's definitly high on my to read list. CD should make an LE of one or more of Dahl's books.

Comment

I just started to read LIFE by Keith Richards. So far it's really interesting.

Comment

Finished reading Alan Peter Ryan's (CD ARC - thank you Early Reader's Club) THE BACK OF BEYOND - NEW STORIES. "Mountain Man" was my fave.

. . .and Kurt Newton's fun creature-feature DEAD DOGS.

Keep Smiling, Jan
        Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Dahl is a children's author who hates children! His "Charlie" books are particulary nasty towards them! Go figure.....
          Yes he is
          but kids love him.All 3 of my children have read most of his stuff as have I.We read the Charlie books as a family.He is another author that helps keep the kids away
          from the dreaded Twilight machine.

Comment

I think Dahl is fanatastic. "Boy" (I think that was the title, something along the lines of an autobiography) was one I really enjoyed as a kid. Even now I think it would make a good read...

Comment

If you are interested in Dahl I would highly recommend Storyteller: The Life of Ronald Dahl by Donald Sturrock. As befitting the life of someone like Dahl it is a huge book but well written and a good read.

Comment

Turtle Boy; Peregrine's Tale by KPB

Comment

Just finished The Dark Tower. I'll hunt down and read little sisters next, or something else that'd make fans of the series a bit jealous....
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Like what, Dan? an ARC of The Wind Through the Keyhole? Can't think of what else could make a DT fan jealous...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      Just finished The Dark Tower. I'll hunt down and read little sisters next, or something else that'd make fans of the series a bit jealous....
                      Mr Hocker - The Tease So, now that you've finished the cycle, what did you think?

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Like what, Dan? an ARC of The Wind Through the Keyhole? Can't think of what else could make a DT fan jealous...
                        Not an arc (oh do I wish it was an ARC), but you've pretty much got it.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                          Mr Hocker - The Tease So, now that you've finished the cycle, what did you think?
                          I enjoyed it for the most part. It felt a bit all over the place in the last book or two, and the last book felt a bit rushed. Overall though it was good.

Instagram

Comment

Reading "Big Driver" by SK ...

Comment

finished 11/22/63, was a good book. Now I've started book one of Abarat, with the next two waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                Not an arc (oh do I wish it was an ARC), but you've pretty much got it.
                                Lucky! Really anxious to get my hands on this one!

Comment

Working...
                                X