No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading Bag of Bones again.I have not read it since it first came out.With the mini-series going to be on soon I wanted to refresh my memory.I am enjoying it
    more now then when it first came out.Of course life changes reflect how you look at things.While no major tragedies have happened to me,being married longer and watching my kids grow puts a different spin on the story.Hope A&E does not mess this up as it is fast becoming one of my favorite King books.

Comment

[QUOTE=cdfan;15513]finished 11/22/63, was a good book. Now I've started book one of Abarat, with the next two waiting.[/QUOTE My 14 year old is reading the Abarat books.I plan to read them later.He seems to be enjoying them.

Comment

Reading Simon R Green's Nightside series, which I'm finding impossible to put down. Read the first 4, and have the next two in my bag ready to go. I'm going to force myself to stop after this one, and will read Dark Tower 4!
        http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Oh, definitely. A great story always is worth reading, regardless its intended audience. Oz comes highly recommended, as does the complete series:

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
          The Marvelous Land of Oz
          Ozma of Oz
          Dorthy and the Wizard in Oz
          The Road to Oz
          The Emerald City of Oz
          The Patchwork Girl of Oz
          Tik-Tok of Oz
          The Scarecrow of Oz
          Rinkitink in Oz
          The Lost Princess of Oz
          The Tin Woodman of Oz
          The Magic of Oz
          Glinda of Oz

Then there are, for instance, the wonderful Roald Dahl (so called) children's books - and don't forget The Hobbit.

sk
          When I was a kid, the Oz series was my favorite set of books, along with Dahl's C&TCF, TGGE, and J&TGP.

Currently reading: I've read the first 29 chapters of 11.22.63. Taking a break for a couple days, but will finish it on Sunday. It's an excellent book.

Comment

[QUOTE=bookworm 1;15602]
            Originally posted by cdfan View Post
            finished 11/22/63, was a good book. Now I've started book one of Abarat, with the next two waiting.[/QUOTE My 14 year old is reading the Abarat books.I plan to read them later.He seems to be enjoying them.
            I finished the first one and it is decent, being the first book it is alot of introduction, both to the world and characters. I expect the real story to pick up a bit as I get through book 2 into 3.

Comment

I recently completed Kin and have to say that is the best novel I have read this year. About 100 pages into 11/22/63 and so far am really enjoying it.

Comment

I first read this series as a kid and remember loving them and being shocked at how scary they were. I had seen the movie before reading them. I recently re-read the first two books and was surprised at how tame they were. I still enjoyed them but they were not scary. I will re-read the entire series over time.
                Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                When I was a kid, the Oz series was my favorite set of books, along with Dahl's C&TCF, TGGE, and J&TGP.

Currently reading: I've read the first 29 chapters of 11.22.63. Taking a break for a couple days, but will finish it on Sunday. It's an excellent book.

Comment

Finished Stories and my arc of The Back of Beyond. Now onto Kin, already 150 pages in and its really good! Just what I was hoping for!

Comment

What did you think of BotB, Pete. None of the stories really grabbed me; tho, I did like Sexual Exploration is a Crime.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      What did you think of BotB, Pete. None of the stories really grabbed me; tho, I did like Sexual Exploration is a Crime.
                      "Sexual Exploration is a Crime" felt like a long winded approach to a silly punchline.

Out of the four stories, I liked "Mountain Man" the most. Kinda reminded me of Ronald Kelly.

Jan
                      Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Actually, I had the same feeling. I felt they ended before they really got going. Like the Shakespeare theamed one (at work now so I cant check the title) felt like it had so much more to offer. Thats how I felt about all of them really, like each story had some untold second half...

Comment

Good observation, Pete. I think that was the point, to let your imagination run rampant, but the only one that worked from was the first one.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Finished King's 11/22/63 the other day. Loved it.

Now reading Chuck Palahniuk's latest book, DAMNED.

Comment

Still trying to get through The Fountainhead.

Comment

Finished re reading Bag of Bones and the new issue of dark discoveries.Good Magazine.Bag of Bones now is now in my top 6 King books.Hope the mini-series next
                                week does it justice.

Comment

Working...
                                X