Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Actually the book talked about was Stephen King: The Non-fiction
    But King didn't even write that book. Guess I missed the point.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      People are their principles. And isn't it a healthy thing to be politically different from each other? I'd hate it if we'd all be the same. It's our differences that shape us, make us who we are. Getting along in spite of these differences, that's the stuff life is made of.

sk
      Took me a while, Siep. The Way We Were, right?
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Absolutely!
        Mem'ries.....light the corners of my mind....

sk

Comment

No one has actually broken any rules yet. There hasn't really been any open discussion about politics. Just wanted to remind everyone that political discussions shouldn't be held on the board. To quote one of my favorite lines of rules that the DT.org guys let us use.

10. Misc Rules
          (A) Discussions about politics are not allowed on this board. We do not care if you are Left, or Right, or Moderate, or Cthulhu. There are other worlds for these discussions.
          (B) Discussions about religion are not allowed on this board. Again, same reason as 10-A.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            No one has actually broken any rules yet. There hasn't really been any open discussion about politics. Just wanted to remind everyone that political discussions shouldn't be held on the board. To quote one of my favorite lines of rules that the DT.org guys let us use.
            Religion too? See, that's what I get for not reading the rules. But I've spent so much time on horror forums (mainly concerning movies but general stuff too) ever since I first got the internet, that I used to pay attention only to my own rules lol. I forget sometimes this is not one of my forums, that explains how I ramble on about certain things without regard to what others are thinking. By my "own", I just mean being in charge at some forums like from proboards, no big time stuff. I've been commenting on religion and politics on forums from the very beginning, so I just have to keep in mind this is someone else's place, not mine
            BTW, I don't mean to sound like a big shot by saying "my own"; hell anybody can create a forum and spam to try and get people to sign up. At first the power goes to your head when you can ban people or edit their posts, then you realize it's just a few forums out of thousands or millions online and it means nothing. Now I don't care what people say...they can say what they want, even attack me and it's fine because I believe in free speech!! (and not just my own speech).

Comment

I forgot to say: I think it's a good idea not to really allow people (like me lol) to go on and on about things like politics or religion since everyone usually disagrees with everyone else on those subjects, and before you know it, people become very angry and leave forums or play those "forum wars" which I've always hated. It's easy to create enemies spouting off on subjects like that because people can take it too seriously (like me sometimes, I'll admit that). It really is best just to stick to novels, movies, things like that where emotions don't really come into play like they do with the other stuff.

Comment

Ahh, so we weren't talking about Danse Macabre. Then it must have been On Writing. Political stuff in On Writing?? Time for another re-read....

But, I can't help myself from asking, why does "for the most part" scare you (tongue in cheek???)? That remark scares me a lot (no tongue in cheek!).

sk
                Of course it was tounge in cheek frik! I'm no Nazi or commie...people can say whatever they want. You have to remember that sometimes when I make a post, I try to sound serious, stupid and funny all at the same time. I even do that in real life sometimes just to try and get a laugh out of people or people thinking I must be insane when I do that because they're not sure what to believe .
                About On Writing, I have that book somewhere but never read it. I meant to years ago but never got around to it. It was sent to me from the Stephen King Library along with another non-fiction book (can't recall the title). But I remember people being mad because they couldn't get that book or didn't know about it since they weren't members of the SKL. Anyway, did I say somewhere there's political stuff in that book? On Writing? I have no idea if there is or not since like I said, I never read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

10. Misc Rules
                  (A) Discussions about politics are not allowed on this board. We do not care if you are Left, or Right, or Moderate, or Cthulhu. There are other worlds for these discussions.
                  (B) Discussions about religion are not allowed on this board. Again, same reason as 10-A.
                  That's good. I still have all my campaign stuff from my time as as Elder Party Delegate back in '88!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                    It was sent to me from the Stephen King Library along with another non-fiction book (can't recall the title). But I remember people being mad because they couldn't get that book or didn't know about it since they weren't members of the SKL.
                    I think you are talking about Secret Windows as that is a Book of the Month exclusive. I found a copy at Half Priced Book a few months back. Haven't read it yet though
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Anyway, did I say somewhere there's political stuff in that book? On Writing? I have no idea if there is or not since like I said, I never read it.
                      No, you haven't. But I couldn't figure out which book you meant (with the political stuff). I first thought you meant Danse Macabre, then On Writing. Wrong on both accounts. Turns out you were referring to The Non-Fiction. Not written by King, though, but by two other guys.

sk

Comment

No, you haven't. But I couldn't figure out which book you meant (with the political stuff). I first thought you meant Danse Macabre, then On Writing. Wrong on both accounts. Turns out you were referring to The Non-Fiction. Not written by King, though, but by two other guys.

sk
                        Yeah, I know it was written by two other guys. I bought it right here on CD. It has a lot of qoutes by King and that's what I was referring to with the lib stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                          I think you are talking about Secret Windows as that is a Book of the Month exclusive. I found a copy at Half Priced Book a few months back. Haven't read it yet though
                          That's it. I haven't read that one either. I remember starting On Writing but quitting for some reason; now I have no idea what I did with it. It was years ago.

Comment

Yeah, I know it was written by two other guys. I bought it right here on CD. It has a lot of qoutes by King and that's what I was referring to with the lib stuff.
                            It only has quotes by King. That was the purpose of the book, as it's a collection of all of his non-fiction.

sk

Comment

It only has quotes by King. That was the purpose of the book, as it's a collection of all of his non-fiction.

sk
                              I realize that frik that's what I said. I have the book.

Comment

I know, but I was mentioning this because you were condemning a book for the exact purpose it was written for.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X