No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started Game of Thrones, thought the TV series was really good, but wanted to see what was left out.
    http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
    http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
    http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      Stephen King - The Non-Fiction is not really a book you read. Of course, you read it, but it's more like an encyclopidia listing page after page of King's non-fiction works. Is it an essential book? For the King collector, a definite yes. Otherwise, skip it.

SK Goes to the Movies is one I haven't bothered acquiring. It contains five previously published short stories, like Children of the Corn, 1408 and Low Men in Yellow Coats, that have been filmed, plus some new material: very short intros by King.
      As I already own the original collections these stories first appeared in, I didn't bother getting this collection.

Riding the Bullet is ok. Not one of King's best, but worth reading.

sk
      Yeah, the last two I'm not even sure why I bought them lol. But I bought the non-fiction because of Danse Macabre (sp?) which I read many years ago and was hoping it would be something like that.
      But I assumed Riding the Bullet must be pretty good considering the cost of the limited and it's not even signed by King. I guess I should start on that one...but it's pretty big and will take a year to read (for me). If it was non-fiction, it might take a week.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrRoland View Post
          Started Game of Thrones, thought the TV series was really good, but wanted to see what was left out.
          Excellent choice!
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just finished Fear and The Possession by Ronald Kelly. Picking back up Monster Hunter Alpha and maybe Focus by Nate Southard and Lee Thomas.
            Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Just finished Dance with Dragons and just started Relic by Preston and Child.

Comment

I'm about 1/3 of the way thru Ronald Kelly's AFTER THE BURN. Very cool themed collection so far!

Comment

I'm finishing The Academy by Bentley Little ... working my way through Fantagraphic's Mickey Mouse: Race to Death Mountain, Four Color Fear both lots of fun and also The New DC 52 as they come out. A buddy and I bought all 52 and did a draft which was fun. We are now reading through them and grading them .. again, goofy fun.

Comment

I basically gave up on the Stephen King Non-Fiction book. Couldn't stand some of his political views.
                    Started Methods of Madness, the original by Dark Harvest...Ray Garton. Can't believe I've had the book so long and haven't read it.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                      I basically gave up on the Stephen King Non-Fiction book. Couldn't stand some of his political views.
                      I know I probably shouldn't go there, but ...
                      No, I'll just shut up..

sk

Comment

Still ploughing my way through DT 3. I'm enjoying it, but it's not gripping me. Looking forward to reading Apshit by Carlton Mellick afterwards, which I think will be a slight change in style and pace!!
                        http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

The time is ripe for a bold choice...
                          Spoiler!

If I'm not back in 3 months...well, I hope my health insurance covers the bill.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Is that your personal copy?? Looks like an amazing edition.
                            Have a safe journey!!

sk

Comment

It's an Easton Press edition. I bought it 4 years ago (because the first step in reading something so monumental is first finding the right copy of the book to read). It's been collecting dust waiting for me!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Enjoy the read! There's one that's been on my must read list forever, but I've never taken the plunge either. And lately I've made so little time for reading that I wouldn't take the leap now.
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X