No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like many others here, I am currently reading In Laymon's Terms. Thoroughly enjoying the mix of personal remembrances of the man and the stories.

Comment

Reading My Work is Not Yet Done, by Ligotti.

So far it's making me angry. A huge paragraph will describe one small idea; five long words are used when one small word will suffice. I like a more literate style of writing, but you need skill to write a long sentence. So far it's almost a parody of an over-reaching writer.
      http://iwritehorror.blogspot.com

Comment

I just finished Hell Hollow last night. I'm thinking I'm going to start Looking Glass a little later this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Campbell View Post
          Reading My Work is Not Yet Done, by Ligotti.

So far it's making me angry. A huge paragraph will describe one small idea; five long words are used when one small word will suffice. I like a more literate style of writing, but you need skill to write a long sentence. So far it's almost a parody of an over-reaching writer.
          Ligotti's not for everyone...but I love his work. My Work is Not Yet Done isn't my favorite work of his -- but I honestly think it's probably one of his more accessible (least "literary") books. The novella (novelette?) The Last Feast of Harlequin might be one of his best. I'm working through his collection Grimscribe now.

Nicole

Comment

I'm working through lots of horror short fiction collections and anthologies. I'm about 80% through Ellen Datlow's Darkness anthology, about half-done Ligotti's Grimscribe, 75% through an ebook of Algernon Blackwood stories (Four Weird Tales...that's how I'm tending to read these days. I never read an anthology or a collection all the way through. I always read a little of this, a little of that. Guess it's just one of the ways in which I'm a weirdo.

Comment

I am reading "I Love My Smith & Wesson" by David Bowker. Picked it up on a whim from the library having heard nothing about it. I'm really enjoying it. I love when things like that work out.
              http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
              http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
              http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

The Stranger - Ronald Malfi. Short & sweet.

Comment

Cumberland Furnace and Other Fear-forged Fables by Ronald Kelly. I really like his short fiction; the only novels of his I've read are Hell Hollow and Timber Gray; but I'm searching for his early titles.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I finished Looking Glass yesterday; today I plan on reading Windows and The Baby. I'm going to knock out the Signature Series books before I tackle another full-length novel.

Comment

The Signature series are on my to read list too, missing 2 of the so far released books but then again they aren't high on my wishlist!

Comment

Just finished BIOFIRE, another GREAT read from Ray Garton. Of course, it's hard to find one that isn't.

. . . . and FOUR LEGS IN THE MORNING (ARC) by Norman Prentiss. Hmmmm, walking barefoot in the woods and stepping on something strange . . . . I was hooked. For some reason I was reminded of the excellent TV movie TRILOGY OF TERROR . . . and I mean that in a good way. Grab this one as soon as CD announces it - thank me later.

Keep Smiling, Jan
                        Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Had quite a few distractions the last few weeks that slowed down my reading and coming here but finally finished In Laymon's Terms. A wonderful book as many here probably already know. The next book was going to be World War Z but somehow I started reading The Rising instead.

Comment

Currently reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay.

Comment

I decided to skip a Simmons book even though I said here I would see what other books of his are like...I just started The Haunt by J.N. Williamson. It's a big book (for me) so it'll take me several weeks to finish it. If I can finish it. Hey everybody if you've never read the book 666, I'd recommend it. It's been 20 years it seems since I read it and don't even know why this book all of a sudden came to mind, but if I can get through a ficticous book like that so quickly I'd think most people here would finish it in a few days.

Comment

Do you mean the "666" that was written by Jan Anson of The Amityville Horror fame? I loved that book when I first read it, probably 30 years ago for me. God, has it been that long? I guess so.
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X