What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final word on Watchers:

A good story, but too many wasted opportunities. All style and very little substance.

Spoiler!

And I don't care for books where the author rushes the ending as Koontz did.

If I had picked up a Koontz book in high school and read it, I might feel differently today.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      And your final words on the book??

sk
      I liked it too and I never cared much for his novels but I remember reading years ago one of his books I couldn't stop reading I liked it so much...it involved two teen boys...was it his "Lightning" novel?

Comment

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
        Finished Vacations from Hell, then picked up How I Write, by Janet Evanovich at her book signing the other night and read it. Finished it today. If I read another book right now, it will probably be one from her Plum series, as I want to study a different style, something outside the horror genre.

For you guys that have read King's On Writing to help with your own writing skills, I highly, highly recommend you read Evanovich's How I Write. You may not want to write adventure/romance, but I think you will appreciate what she has to say.
        So, I went ahead and cracked Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich. Not very far in yet, but it's a fun read so far.

Comment

Bruce Boston's Gaurdener's Tale is interesting. I am reading his book for a small interview/review thing. Officially 1/3 through Bag of Bones and thankfully it has picked up significantly. For me--even though I know something in that 1st 3rd is key--it took too long to get to this point. Cut out 25 pages of name dropping and the story would be better paced. Still, starting to sound really good.
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Bag of Bones is my second favorite King book. Keep going with it and I think you'll like where it goes.
            "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Originally posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
              Bag of Bones is my second favorite King book.
              And #1??

sk

Comment

I am currently reading Revenge by Stephen Fry. Just finished the Hunger Games trilogy. Very good and quick reads.
                http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
                http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
                http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just finished a great little read called "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" thinking it was perhaps a political thriller that my four-year-old granddaughter was suggesting would be a great page turner. By the way, the author is some dead doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                    I just finished a great little read called "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" thinking it was perhaps a political thriller that my four-year-old granddaughter was suggesting would be a great page turner. By the way, the author is some dead doctor.
                    President Clinton released his sexual memoirs? The "Blue Fish" was actually a fish with a blue dress on?
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just finished "Heart Shaped Box" by Joe Hill (Joseph Hillstrom King) and was very impressed. Lately I read about 10 - 20 pages of my latest book per day. Finished the last third of this one today.

Finally starting "Frankenstein". I've got a copy here at home, the Bernie Wrightson illustrated version at the office, and Kindle edition on the phone, so maybe it will move quickly.

Also read "Horton Hears a Who" and had parts of Jill Thompson's "Scary Godmother" read to me by the youngun today.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Heart-Shaped Box is probably my favorite book at the moment.

Comment

HSB is great and i love it, but i love Horns more

Comment

Need to give Joe Hill a shot, haven't read anything of his yet.

Comment

Finishing on Dangerous Ground this holiday weekend. Next week should hold some treasures for me...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                                HSB is great and i love it, but i love Horns more
                                Horns has some phenomenal characterization. I just loved the story behind HSB more. Both really incredible. I plan to dig into 20th Century Ghosts soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X