No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUBHUMAN by Michael McBride. I'm enjoying this very much.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Finished The Cabin At The End of The World. I have it 5 stars. I liked this even more then Head Full of Ghosts. A really powerful story.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        Finished The Cabin At The End of The World. I have it 5 stars. I liked this even more then Head Full of Ghosts. A really powerful story.
        I need to move this up in my TBR pile.
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Last night I read Season in Hell by Kenneth W. Cain. (Ozmosis 7) . It was an excellent story. Highly recommended.

Comment

Last night I read Season in Hell by Kenneth W. Cain. (Ozmosis 7) . It was an excellent story. Highly recommended.
            Thank you.

Comment

Should have mine next Thursday!

Comment

Ditto. A sad story that's unfortunately all too believable. If you like baseball, you'll get even more enjoyment out of it--but liking baseball isn't a prerequisite.

Comment

I'm currently about 50% of the way through Snow Crash. Never read this, or anything by Stephenson before. It's going pretty good - kind of rambling but all interesting and a pretty fast read.

Comment

Thanks. The feedback on this one has been humbling.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    Ditto. A sad story that's unfortunately all too believable. If you like baseball, you'll get even more enjoyment out of it--but liking baseball isn't a prerequisite.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      I'm currently about 50% of the way through Snow Crash. Never read this, or anything by Stephenson before. It's going pretty good - kind of rambling but all interesting and a pretty fast read.
                      If you like that one, try The Diamond Age next. It's set in the same universe, but many years later.

My favorite Stephenson book is probably still Cryptonomicon, which is one I've read multiple times over the years, despite it's length. I get sucked right into it every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                        If you like that one, try The Diamond Age next. It's set in the same universe, but many years later.

My favorite Stephenson book is probably still Cryptonomicon, which is one I've read multiple times over the years, despite it's length. I get sucked right into it every time.
                        I'll add that to my TBR list and maybe one day I'll get to it. Too many books; too little time.

Comment

I just finished EXIT STAGE LEFT: THE SNAGGLEPUSS CHRONICLES, and it was one of the best comics that I've read in years.
                          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have been plowing and slowly grinding through Kill Creek. I like it but it's been a slow read for me. Something is not exactly right...that is the best I can say.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I just finished the 4th book, The Silent Army, in James Moore's Seven Forges Series. There was lots I liked about the series, but ultimately I was unsatisfied. Good writing, but it just didn't click for me. Up next, Ben Winters' Edgar winning, Last Policeman, the first in a trilogy of detective novels set in a pre-apocalyptic United States.

Comment

Just finished Snow Crash.

From my Goodreads review:

I’m only giving this book three stars because I enjoyed the first third. There is still the temptation to only give it two.

The second third was almost entirely a history of religion and trying to relate language to a biological virus.

The final third was complete and utter ridiculousness. It reminded me quite a bit of the first two books of the John Dies at the End trilogy. Ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous. I enjoyed the first one. Barely tolerated the second one. And never read the third. Pretty much like this.

I’m worried after reading this because a few of Stephenson’s other books come highly recommended to me. But if they’re like this, then those will be a hard pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X