No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished reading Wicked Things this past Sunday and now I'm finishing up The Freedom Writers Diary. Pretty good book...I saw the movie a while back and I really enjoyed it

Comment

Hoping the Taliman gets better....not holding my attention AT ALL

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        Hoping the Taliman gets better....not holding my attention AT ALL
        Keep at it and I think it will pan out for ya. Of course I say that knowing that my wife never finished it for the very same reason...
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

sk

Comment

Love the artwork on that one Siep!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Yea.However I really liked getting to know the characters it really is what made the story for me.One of my top 5 reads of last year.
              Character development was key - when events begin to hit the fan you're already feeling for all the members in the band.
              Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
              http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Currently on the second book of John Birmingham's After America. I decided to re read the first 2 books in preparation to read the third in the series.

Comment

Siep, I'm reading "Fables" as the original paperback collections. I just started the War & Pieces storyline. It looks like your still about 20 (original) issues/chapters behind. Such good stuff.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Finished The Tommyknockers; not a bad read. I think the problems that it has are 1) For the first 70-80 pages, King never refers to Bobbi Anderson as "Bobbi" unless Gard is thinking about her. It's alway "anderson". This gives the opening of the book a cold feel to it. Eventually King loosens up, but by that time damage has been done; 2) Gardner is constantly thinking in terms of books or poems he's read; if you added them up, there would probably be close to 10 pages of Gard quoting from other literature. I want to read King's book not a bastardization of others'; and 3) there's a sense of de ja vu surrounding the whole thing--that I've read (or seen) this before.

Still, if you can stick with it, it's entertaining. Not even close to his best, but far from his worst.

Sallying forth into the fray with AD Nauseam by C.W. LaSart.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

So not tommyknockers next, got it.

Comment

A true king fan would read the book and make up his or her own mind; not take th word of an old sour puss like meself...
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Didn't say I wouldn't read it...said I wouldn't read it next.

Comment

Touche! I stand corrected.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                              Siep, I'm reading "Fables" as the original paperback collections. I just started the War & Pieces storyline. It looks like your still about 20 (original) issues/chapters behind. Such good stuff.
                              That it is.
                              Aintitcool.com had the first collection as their favorite HC of the year (2009??), so I decided to give it a try.
                              No regrets since. The fifth collection will be out in a couple of months.

sk

Comment

My favorite series (comics) ever (together with Creepy and Vampirella):

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X