No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've posted my SLOWWWWW Progress all along so I may as well continue...100 pages of "It" left to go.

Comment

I'm going crazy again. I'm about halfway through the DFW autobiography, and today from the library I picked up:
      "The Crying of Lot 49" - Thomas Pynchon
      CD's own "The Horror Hall of Fame - The Stoker Winners"
      "Advent" by James Treadwell
      "The Tourist" by Olen Steinhauer
      "Floating Staircase" by Ronald Malfi

I wish I had more brains so I could read more books at the same time.

Comment

Just finished The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and have moved onto Life, the Universe and Everything
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Justremember, Dan. 42 is what you get when you multiply 9 by 6....
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

For those who have read "Floating Staircase", is it creepy? Spooky? I'm a bit put off by the blurb on the front: "Forget ghosts. Grief and guilt, love and hope - these are the things with power."

I'm really not into grief and guilt, love and hope - give me ghosts any day.

Comment

Reading Killing Ghost.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well I decided to read the forward to Stephen King is Richard Bachman from my other publishers grab bag and it sucked me in. I am now about half way through the book and really enjoying it. It is reminding me how much I enjoyed the early Bachman books. Something tells me I will be re-reading Rage and The Long Walk in 2013!

Comment

I hated the long walk. Couldn't wait to get through it. Loved Rage. I started reading "The bachman books" and stopped halfway through Road Work because I couldnt get into the bachman stuff. I'm sure I will finish some day

On a Lighter note I FINALLY finished "It" which only took me so long as a combination of shit going on, moving, and being lazy. So It's finally done and Movie rewatched. Very disapointing but I was expecting to be disapointed anyway.

Now I am on to A Face In the Crowd which I have been too tired to get very far in but I am not liking it so far at 15 pages in. Most of the ebook is excerpts from other books so its only 35 pages so I am halfway there. Prob finish tonight then move on to Full Dark No Stars before venturing into another long one...11/22/63

Comment

Well, I had 2 days off last week to end the week (Thursday and Friday). Finished off the stories of Night Shift - some were pretty darn good, others I didn't enjoy much, but it was a good fairly quick read - kept me reading so....can't complain.

Also - read both chapbooks I got from CD - Bad Dreams/New Screams and Horror Drive in - both were enjoyable, and again, I finished them off in a couple hours.

Now..... started Tick Tock by Koontz. The story seemed intriguing to me, got the book for nothing. I was tossing around a few from my TBR pile and picked this one. Why? Because it is only 340 or so pages, so I should be able to knock it off fairly quick. Then I can dive into another of the King paperbacks I have (It, Pet Semetary or Salem's Lot - probably Salem's Lot) before I finish off my Koontz TBRs. However...... I also have Pork Pie Hat and Killing Ghost waiting too.

Comment

Killing Ghost took a long time to get going--once it did, it was pretty good. My problem with it was I didn't really care about the main character. And the moments of that made my spine all tingly were merely sentences that ended chapters. I felt cheated most of the time. Oh well.

Gonna take a break from reading for a bit (right, I've told myself that many times--I might last a day.)
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well, almost 1/2 way thru TickTock - not bad. I can tell you it won't be my favourite book for sure, but it is better than some recent reads I have accomplished.

Any thoughts from those who have read this?

Comment

The Big Book of Necon Edited by Bob Booth
                          Seal Team 666 by Weston Ochse

Comment

I didn't like a face in the crowd. It was quite boring in my opinion. I'm almost through 1922 now and enjoying it alot. The first person makes it flow nicely and its a fantasic story. About 24 pages to go. Should finish tonight for tomorrow at lunch

Comment

Went back to the "Nightside" series by Simon R. Green. Better than Butcher, but not quite as good as Kadrey.

And still working my way through "The Watchers" by Jon Steele.

Just read "Life's Missing Instruction Manual" by Joe Vitale.

Oh, and "Sorry Please Thank You" by Charles Wu. Can't remember if I mentioned that one already. It was ok in small doses. Fortunately it wasn't a large book.

Comment

Finished Salem's Lot. It did not disappoint. Still debating on what will be next...

Comment

Working...
                                X