What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menace
    1AND DAVID GERROLD PLEASE FINISH THE WAR AGAINST THE CHTORR!!!! That wonderful 7 book trilogy of yours

19 years since a Season for slaughter I need my Chtorr fix.. I've read the first 4 books 4 times now will probably be starting on a fifth time.

I know he won't read this I'm just venting hahaha

But I would very much like to read the rest of this series before I die..
    Go look for David Gerrold on Facebook - you can talk to him there. He posts a lot and seems very willing to answer questions.

I friend almost every author I like on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
      That's the novella series you're thinking of. The Wilds is the first in those and they're up around number 23 or so. The signature series is at 9 and I have 7 of them.
      Ok, well I have some of those too and I think Ketchum's Right to Life is one wich is worth a helluva lot more than I paid for it. I guess I somehow missed the Laymon one, but I have enough Laymon stuff anyway. Actually, that may be the only Laymon novel I don't have signed.

By the way, if anyone here is interested in some Limited editions by Laymon or the old and very collectible UK Hardcovers all signed and most with generic inscriptions by Laymon, please conctact me via PM. I have tons of them all in perfectly Mint condition (no yellow pages).

Comment

Just recently started on Stephen King's 11/22/63
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Just finished up 11/22/63. Thumbs way up!!!

Now reading Development Hell. One of several CD ebooks I purchased. It's weirdly fascinating. After watching Mick Garris' movies this doesn't surprise me much. About halfway through!

Comment

Finished swan song.What a great story.Now I will start Mirrors by Graham Masterton.A classic that has escaped me.I have read other books by him but somehow
            missed this one.

Comment

Read The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon which was pretty good but I think the novella at the end was better, has me looking forward to reading The Hunter From the Woods which is shipping to me now. While waiting I'm halfway through The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor by Kirkman and Bonansinga.

Comment

Reading Chamber of Ten by Lebbon and Golden. I've loved the other stuff they did together, and also their individual books, but half way through this, and I'm really not enjoying it very much. I don't care much for the lead characters, and the plot just seems a bit 'been there before' Next up either going to be Mr Hill's Horns or for a total change Phill Jupitus' book Good Morning Nantwich, a book about his time as a DJ on an alternative radio station over her (I do love my music)
                http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

read Graven Image by Garton and onto Timber Gray by Ronald Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post

By the way, if anyone here is interested in some Limited editions by Laymon or the old and very collectible UK Hardcovers all signed and most with generic inscriptions by Laymon, please conctact me via PM. I have tons of them all in perfectly Mint condition (no yellow pages).
                    Guess Not

Comment

I'm gonna try to get through some more of The Fountainhead (it's so damn long), and if I can't, I finished The Morman War and will move onto a bio of Andrew Jackson.

Comment

finished mirror and then read Beyond the Door a novella by Jeffrey Thomas from delirium books.Now since I woke up to the out side temp. being -5 I think I will
                        read Mr.Shivers by Robert Jackson Bennett.Got to love winter..Oh my this is my 100th post.

Comment

Just started Ben Pastor's Master of the hundred bones

Comment

Half way through the Steve Jobs biography. Got to say he comes across as quite the arsehole! Although credit to him for allowing it to be truly warts and all.

Comment

Dammit! Halfway thru 11/22/63 and I hit a major snag (for me anyway). On page 478, King writes: "During my time in Fort Worth, I never once used the key I'd purchased from Ivy Templeton. Life is full of ironies."

The irony is that on page 410, King writes: "I had a bad moment when the key refused to work, but it was just new. When I wetted it with some saliva and jiggled it a little, it turned and I went in."

Now, as a Constant Reader of 30 years, I give Mr. King the benefit of the doubt--essentially, that he intended this "irony." That means Jake Epping is another unrealiable narrator. I'll have to be more careful with reading the rest of this book. So be it.

I don't consider this a spoiler really, the whole thing being rather vague, so I didn't use the tags. If anybody disagrees with me, I am sorry.
                              Last edited by srboone; 01-17-2012, 10:41 AM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I obviously don't pay enough attention to what I read.

Comment

Working...
                                X