No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leisurely reading It: T25AE. It's fun to go back through his early works and find foreshadowings of the DT cycle. At the end of section 11 of Chapter 9, Stan Uris is reflecting about how the dead things he encountered in the Standpipe offended his way of looking at the world. That offense can open up a crack in your thinking and if you look into it, you might discover a whole other universe--one where "might grow roses which sing."

Pretty neat......
    Last edited by srboone; 12-30-2011, 12:14 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just finished Home for the Holidays and The Walker Place by James A. Moore. Started Endurance by J.A. Konrath and Double Dexter by Jeff Lindsey.
      Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Started Swan Song.150 pages into it and have loved it from the start.The story really pulls you in.

Comment

^love that book. it's right there with The Stand, not sure which i love more.
          FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Finished It. A pleasure to read again (and hold CD's 25th Ann. Ed while sitting in an easy chair reading.) I still find King's interchanging of past and present tense and use of multiple narrators awkward, especially during "The Ritual of Chud" chapters, but It is still one of King's best.

Will start 11/22/63 later tonight.
            Last edited by srboone; 01-06-2012, 02:02 AM.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Finished It. A pleasure to read again (and hold CD's 25th Ann. Ed while sitting in an easy chair reading.) I still find King's interchanging of past and present tense and use of multiple narrators awkward, especially during "The Ritual of Chud" chapters, butIt is still one of King's best.

Will start 11/22/63 later tonight.
              Saving my 11/22/63 (the Kindle edition) for the 9 hour plane flight from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur this coming Sunday

Comment

That's a good idea for your book. Will the Kindle battery last that long? I've got my British edition of 11/22/63 at the office, and reading from ny Scribner's version at home. And I still haven't gotten very far.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                  That's a good idea for your book. Will the Kindle battery last that long? I've got my British edition of 11/22/63 at the office, and reading from ny Scribner's version at home. And I still haven't gotten very far.
                  I've not really put the battery longetivity to the test, not like this anyway, but the manufacturer claims 15 hours for a fully charged unit Fortunately, we're going to a country that has the same power grid set up as here is Oz (240 V) so all I need to do, apparently, is buy a simple little plug adaptor so I can charge it overseas (failing that, can just visit an interest cafe and charge it via USB) ... As an aside, I was a total Luddite when it came to electronic readers - refused to entertain the idea at all "cos the only good read is with a real book". After receiving my Kindle as a gift from someone that obviously didn't listen to my grumblings in relation to this new fandangled technology, I can honestly say I'll never look book. Obviously I still collect the odd book or two here and there, and nothing beats a collectible, but for reading "throwaways" and reading copies of collectibles - the Kindle can't be beat
                  Last edited by Grant Wootton; 01-06-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

finished 1q84 book 1&2 (haruki murakami), about 70% of the mailman (little bentley), about 25% f real world (natsuo kirino)

Comment

Just Picked up dean Koontz's frankenstein books 4 and 5 and I am starting to read from book one again cause i'm old and can't remember what happened in the first 3..

And I'm definately going to have to read Swan Song again.. one of my favorite books haven't read it in 20 years or so.

Plus i must fine and finish Orson Scott Cards the tales of Alvin Maker and the Ender saga.

AND DAVID GERROLD PLEASE FINISH THE WAR AGAINST THE CHTORR!!!! That wonderful 7 book trilogy of yours

19 years since a Season for slaughter I need my Chtorr fix.. I've read the first 4 books 4 times now will probably be starting on a fifth time.

I know he won't read this I'm just venting hahaha

But I would very much like to read the rest of this series before I die..
                      Last edited by Menace; 01-07-2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Menace View Post
                        AND DAVID GERROLD PLEASE FINISH THE WAR AGAINST THE CHTORR!!!! That wonderful 7 book trilogy of yours

19 years since a Season for slaughter I need my Chtorr fix.. I've read the first 4 books 4 times now will probably be starting on a fifth time.

I know he won't read this I'm just venting hahaha

But I would very much like to read the rest of this series before I die..
                        I've been waiting too. Although I wasn't thrilled with the direction Book 4 took us, I still highly recommend this alien invasion series.

Jan
                        Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

The Morman War.

Comment

Working my way through the CD Signature series 1-5, hopefully I'll finish them this upcoming week.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                              Working my way through the CD Signature series 1-5, hopefully I'll finish them this upcoming week.
                              I see those are worth a ton of money. I think I have all five been am somehow missing The Wilds by Laymon, or is that the 6th?? But I probably have it somewhere in one of those closets of mine.

Comment

That's the novella series you're thinking of. The Wilds is the first in those and they're up around number 23 or so. The signature series is at 9 and I have 7 of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X