No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished The Langoliers and The Library Policeman from Four Past Midnight. I want to thank whoever it was on here for the recommendation on The Library Policeman. Glad I finally delved into it, and I agree it was one of the more scary/creepy stories I have read.

Now - Flowers For Algernon

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post

Love that book. I picked up the signed Easton HC a while back...just had to have a special edition in my collection.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Finished The Langoliers and The Library Policeman from Four Past Midnight. I want to thank whoever it was on here for the recommendation on The Library Policeman. Glad I finally delved into it, and I agree it was one of the more scary/creepy stories I have read.

That may have been me. I could not read that one at night or I would lay awake. I also had to put the book down when I finished and was unable to pick it up again and read Sun Dog for about a year. I recommend it whenever someone wants a "scary" story. Overall Four Past Midnight is a top notch book!

Comment

I read that in high school and enjoyed it at the time. My memories are vague of it now though.

I just finished Moby Dick, then The Great Gatsby (which I loved). I'm now reading The Complete Slayers by Paul Cain and Heart of Darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            That may have been me. I could not read that one at night or I would lay awake. I also had to put the book down when I finished and was unable to pick it up again and read Sun Dog for about a year. I recommend it whenever someone wants a "scary" story. Overall Four Past Midnight is a top notch book!
            I believe it was. Thanks! Very much taps into the past of the main character, like so many of King's books do.

Comment

I already have my next one lined up after this too. Opening up the Kobo for the first time in a while, for a short little novella (maybe?) by Ronald Malfi - Borealis

Comment

Reading James Islington's "The Shadow of what was Lost" The first in a trilogy of epic Fantasy by Orbit. I think they put out a good product. Only 700 pages too go. have a great weekend everybody!

Comment

I've been making my way through some classics lately, especially during my commute to and from work, and, from time to time, on breaks. I finished HEart of Darkness and absolutely loved it. As the name suggests it is incredibly dark. The tone, imagery, subject and prose is all incredibly dark, maybe even borderline horror. At the moment I'm nearing the end of Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter. Next I plan on picking up John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath. This won't be my first Steinbeck, but I do feel that is often considered his best, it is one I should read.

That said I've still been reading a bit more genre/pulp fiction at home. I normally choose to read editions that are more valuable at home while reading paperbacks while in commute. So I've been picking at Paul Cain's The Complete Slayers from CP, and enjoying it's no non-sense dialogue and gut -punching prose, but just put it down for a bit. After seeing the Hap & Leonard series being added to Netflix I figured I should finally read my Ziesing copy of Savage Season then check out the series. Just a couple chapters in so far, but already hooked on Joe Lansdale's prose and snappy pacing.

Comment

I'm reading Invasion Rabaul-Book One of the Rabaul Trilogy; A History of WWII's Longest Battle by Bruce Gamble. I'm also reading Spotlight on the American Circus: It's Fans, Performers & Owners by Dr. A. I. Garner.

Cap
                    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I'm almost done with Joe Hill's Horns (probably will finish today) and it's a great read! Nothing what I expected and I highly recommend it. The first novel I've read by him. Think I'll read NOS4A2 next.

Comment

I just started Neal Asher's The Infinity Engine, the 3rd book in the Transformation series. I think Asher is great! have a great weekend all!

Comment

Heart Shaped Box is another great Joe Hill novel!

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          I'm almost done with Joe Hill's Horns (probably will finish today) and it's a great read! Nothing what I expected and I highly recommend it. The first novel I've read by him. Think I'll read NOS4A2 next.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            NOS4A2 is definitely my favorite Hill full-length novel to date. HEART-SHAPED BOX was great, HORNS was good, THE FIREMAN was meh...but NOS4A2 was absolutely brilliant. If one was to use the inevitable comparison to his father, NOS4A2 was just as good as any of the early classic King...it had that same vibe of being something very special.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm reading Jennifer Blood: First Blood (comics).

Cap
                              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Finished Ronald Malfi's Borealis. Really enjoyed it. Short fast read, and the ending just happened so fast I wasn't expecting it.

Starting The Vorrh by Brian Catling. Apparently this falls into the fantasy genre, but the synopsis of this book seemed interesting. I won this as a giveaway on tor.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X