• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a kindle so you can read variations of what you've already read

Comment

Chills by Rick Hautala

Comment

He Donors by Jeffrey Wilson. Really good so far.

Comment

I read James A Moore's Homestead yesterday and am currently reading Brian James Freeman's Dreamlike States, which I intend to finish before going to bed. Going to finish McBride's The Event either before I go to sleep or sometime tomorrow. Will then read Meikle's The Ravine or Garton's Dereliction
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

More than halfway through Pandemic By Scot Sigler, really fun read, after I plan to read Jack & Jill by Kealan Patrick Burke!

Books I've read in 2014:

The Innswich Horror by Edward Lee
            Chiliad:A Meditation by Clive Barker
            Blue November Storms by Brian James Freeman
            Dreamlike States by Brian James Freeman

Comment

Reading The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver; one of fifteen "new" authors I plan on reading this year. It's quite good (though not really my type of book)--but I doubt I'll bother to read anything else by her.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I finally finished Dark Advent. It doesn't usually take me that long to finish a book, but I'm discovering that grad school really, really cuts into reading time .

Starting Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer now.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                  I finally finished Dark Advent. It doesn't usually take me that long to finish a book, but I'm discovering that grad school really, really cuts into reading time .

Starting Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer now.
                  Let us know what you think of Annihilation. I'm up in the air about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                    Let us know what you think of Annihilation. I'm up in the air about this one.
                    I finished it earlier today and loved it. It's pretty weird, which shouldn't be a shock if you're familiar with Vandermeer, but intriguing and well-paced. It leaves a lot of questions unanswered, but that's expected as it's the first book in a trilogy. If weird fiction is your thing, I highly recommend it.

Comment

I started The Abominable on my new Kindle Paperwhite yesterday. I had an old Nook Simple Touch (the cheapest one) before, and the immediate benefit of the upgrade was evident when I took my daughter to a birthday party yesterday. It was at Bounce U, one of those dimly lit places with lots of UV lights and lasers. I was able to relax on a bench and read for over an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                        I started The Abominable on my new Kindle Paperwhite yesterday. I had an old Nook Simple Touch (the cheapest one) before, and the immediate benefit of the upgrade was evident when I took my daughter to a birthday party yesterday. It was at Bounce U, one of those dimly lit places with lots of UV lights and lasers. I was able to relax on a bench and read for over an hour.
                        I would mind to upgrade my Kobo to a similar type

Comment

Just finished Sex And Violence In Hollywood by Ray Garton, and am in the middle of a reread (4th time I'm reading it) of Wizard And Glass, book 4 in King's Dark Tower series. I'm jumping back and forth between that and the Drive In series by Joe R. Lansdale.

Comment

Burn by Julianna Baggott.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finished Burn. Gave it 3 stars on GR. Forging ahead into my big project for the year: Les Miserables. At 1260 pages, 42.1/day will get me done in 30 days!
                              Last edited by srboone; 02-18-2014, 06:07 AM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Another great choice, Squire! Les Misérables is an awesome book!!!
                                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X