No announcement yet.

Good Reads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you feel you really need to order a book and do not want to add to your to be read pile you can order one for me.
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I have to,but this book really interested me. I really am trying to get my pile down. I have not ordered a book in almost a week.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      Another win. The book on the making of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. One of my favorite movies of all time. Of course I mean the original. Can't wait to read this book.
      Wow, that's a cool win, congratz!

Comment

If you would like the chance to win one of three signed copies of my sci-fi horror tale, The Floors, I have a wee Goodreads giveaway that ends on Hallowe'en.

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/64788-the-floors

I'm really pleased to have attracted over 500 entrants so far, making it one of the more popular horror giveaways. If I can tempt you to enter as well then good luck!
        The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
        Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
        ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

So, in my browsing of Goodreads latest horror giveaways I've noticed that, wow there are way too many zombie apocalypse and vampire related stories still going around.

Comment

Yep, it's a bit over the top but shopping for a scary book sometimes is the equivalent of shopping for a dictionary. Different cover, essentially same content

On another note, I think in bookstores they should have categories for Fiction, Non Fiction, and Dystopian YA.
            Last edited by Highbury; 10-10-2013, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I really wish people would stop listing Kindle editions with ISBN 10 and 13! If people aren't going to bother finding the ASIN info, they should just leave that spot blank. I can't even guess how many books I have had to edit the details of because people either put the wrong info in to begin with or someone changed it to the wrong info. Even has one moron edit the description of a book to another language. Italian maybe? Not really sure, just know that it wasn't English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, or Arabic. The language would have been fine if it was for that edition, but I am 99% sure that it was for either the Scribner trade or Cemetery Dance's edition of Full Dark, No Stars
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                I really wish people would stop listing Kindle editions with ISBN 10 and 13! If people aren't going to bother finding the ASIN info, they should just leave that spot blank. I can't even guess how many books I have had to edit the details of because people either put the wrong info in to begin with or someone changed it to the wrong info. Even has one moron edit the description of a book to another language. Italian maybe? Not really sure, just know that it wasn't English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, or Arabic. The language would have been fine if it was for that edition, but I am 99% sure that it was for either the Scribner trade or Cemetery Dance's edition of Full Dark, No Stars
                That said most kindle editions still have a ISBN associated with them. I know all of our eBooks have both.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hmm, well any time I've gone to the Amazon page from the Goodreads page of one with an ISBN instead of an ASIN it leads to an error page of sorts. Seen a couple different kind of pages I think, but the pages say they can't find the product. Don't think I have tried that with the Cemetery Dance eBooks though
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                    Hmm, well any time I've gone to the Amazon page from the Goodreads page of one with an ISBN instead of an ASIN it leads to an error page of sorts. Seen a couple different kind of pages I think, but the pages say they can't find the product. Don't think I have tried that with the Cemetery Dance eBooks though
                    Oh I don't know about going from good reads to Amazon. I just know if you Google the isbn or put it in the Amazon search bar it should pop up.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Awesome, finally won another book on GR! Waiting on a copy of The Waiting by Joe Hart!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Looking at the entries I've requested - no luck at all. Only one entered at the moment, but might as well browse and see what's there. Not that I need more books in the TBR stack.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                          Looking at the entries I've requested - no luck at all. Only one entered at the moment, but might as well browse and see what's there. Not that I need more books in the TBR stack.
                          LOL, I know the feeling, but how can you pass up the chance to win free books?
                          Spoiler!

Comment

There really isn't a lot that jump out and say "You have to have me" on goodreads right now, at least for me. And, I think I said it before, but enough with the zombie books!!!!

Comment

I agree, most of the horror books in the giveaways don't seem very interesting when I have look lately. Entered some of the giveaways, but been passing by a lot
                              Spoiler!

Comment

So, I got an email that I won a Goodreads giveaway!

I will be getting a trade pb copy The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper

Comment

Working...
                                X