No announcement yet.

Good Reads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks just entered the drawing and a few more. No wins yet but......
    Originally posted by Sabrina Morgan View Post
    25 copies of The Demonologist is up for grabs http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/tag/horror
    Good luck.

Comment

I dont have that many to enter, as quite a few dont ship to Europe. But still, a fair number do, so fingers crossed for a win this month.

Comment

Does anybody know what the Goodreads First read program is? The book I just finished is eligle for it, but I can't find any infor on it on the site.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I beliee that is just the name they have for the book giveaways.
          Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Does anybody know what the Goodreads First read program is? The book I just finished is eligle for it, but I can't find any infor on it on the site.

Comment

I contacted the author of the book I won and he said it was a shelf that GR encourages members to create and put the books they win in (not all qualify for the FR program--the email will tell you if it does) with a rating and a review. Does so helps your chances of winning future giveaways. It tells the powers that be that you're participating in the mission of GR, I guess. There's some crazy logarithm they use to determine winners and that's one criteria. Kinda like the BCS keeps promoting the SEC (which I detest, but I'll go along with GR if it gets me more books!)
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

SO basically winning begets winning. Yea it does sound like the BCS.
              I contacted the author of the book I won and he said it was a shelf that GR encourages members to create and put the books they win in (not all qualify for the FR program--the email will tell you if it does) with a rating and a review. Does so helps your chances of winning future giveaways. It tells the powers that be that you're participating in the mission of GR, I guess. There's some crazy logarithm they use to determine winners and that's one criteria. Kinda like the BCS keeps promoting the SEC (which I detest, but I'll go along with GR if it gets me more books!)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                SO basically winning begets winning. Yea it does sound like the BCS.
                ...or Charlie Sheen...

Comment

That is a good idea though. Sabrina's FR shelf is going to be the largest by far!

Comment

SHe hasn't created one as far as I know...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I haven't created one of those shelves yet
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

I've seen some accounts on there that have been active for one or two months only, but have hundreds of FR books in a first-reads shelf. I doubt they have won that many, I think the went through GR's Popular First Read shelf and just started ading books they've read (or even haven't read) in the past and started rating them, not too many of them have reviews through and that's the key, I think: a review more than "Awesome" or "Outstanding." I could be wrong, though.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Didn't know about the FR shelf. I guess I should pay more attention to the emails, my eyes just go straight to what book I've won.
                          "now youes can't leave"
                          A Bronx Tale
                          directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina Morgan View Post
                            Didn't know about the FR shelf. I guess I should pay more attention to the emails, my eyes just go straight to what book I've won.
                            Same here, lol. I had to find one of the winning e-mails to check out and see if it was there. I haven't read any of my GR wins yet, so wouldn't have one on the shelf yet anyway
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

I saw one of the books I didn't win at B&N yesterday. I think I'll try to use the instore coupon again....
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So I see it's Squire 1, Sabrina 5. That's a lot better than the dueo-deca bagillion gazillion I'd estimated earlier.
                                Last edited by srboone; 02-15-2013, 07:06 PM.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X