No announcement yet.

Good Reads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entered. Maybe this will be my first Goodreads win in a LONG time!

Comment

Hope one of you guys wins this one. With these Goodreads giveaways it seems a lot of out-of-genre readers often enter just to get a free book. I'd rather it go to someone who appreciates their fiction a little darker. Good luck all, and thanks for entering.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Ken,
        If I see a book on Goodreads that is a giveaway, I will not enter just anything. If it doesn't interest me at all, then why bother..... I do however like that you can try and win a giveaway and get a free chance to try a new author for example. I recently won a LibraryThing giveaway for a zombie anthology - and I am not into that at all really, but it was a good way to give me a chance to read a bunch of different authors (many new to me). But that being said, I am horror/dark fiction and sci-fi mostly in terms of my reading interests (aside from real science books too), so I am definitely entering this one.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          Ken,
          If I see a book on Goodreads that is a giveaway, I will not enter just anything.
          I should have clarified this better. I am speaking more of something like an erotica fan winning one of my kid books, and then not being able to enjoy it. Or something like that. In other words, if they can't possibly enjoy it whatsoever, or won't even want to read the book, then why bother? But I guess you are going to get some of that when you do this sort of thing. Hopefully someone will win it that wants to read it, though.

Comment

I do not understand why anyone would want to win a book they have no interest in. To me that is a waste of time. But to each their own I guess.

Comment

In this particular case, the person actually contacted me and told me they had no interest in reading the book and weren't sure why they entered, but thanked me for the book. O.o

Comment

Hey, I'm in the mix, too.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                  In this particular case, the person actually contacted me and told me they had no interest in reading the book and weren't sure why they entered, but thanked me for the book. O.o
                  A perfect example - if the book doesn't interest you or you don't think you will want to read, then why enter....?

Comment

Another win. The book on the making of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. One of my favorite movies of all time. Of course I mean the original. Can't wait to read this book.

Comment

Congratz, Tom!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nice!

I have really scaled back my giveaway entries - only doing them if it really, really, really interests me, or is a book I know I want. Too many books TBR still that I own, plus with pre-orders still on their way.

Comment

Congrats, Tom. Still waiting for my first win.

Comment

I have to,but this book really interested me. I really am trying to get my pile down. I have not ordered a book in almost a week.
                            Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                            Nice!

I have really scaled back my giveaway entries - only doing them if it really, really, really interests me, or is a book I know I want. Too many books TBR still that I own, plus with pre-orders still on their way.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              I have to,but this book really interested me. I really am trying to get my pile down. I have not ordered a book in almost a week.
                              How's the withdrawal?

Comment

A whole week eh! The horror of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X