• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Mike!

Comment

Thanks! Loved your pictures.

Comment

Welcome, Mike.
        Nice to see Forrest J. Ackerman mentioned.
        He's also one of my mentors.
        The day I met him in his Hollyweird Ackermansion is one I'll never forget.

sk

Comment

Randy,
          No real writng yet, just piddling. I'm saving something for retirement. Lots of research and ideas, odd jottings. We'll see. Let me know how the creative vein runs for you.

Comment

Although I've been writing for decades, I'm new to this publishing thing, due to lack of confidence and paranoia, computer illiteracy and fear of rejection to something I literally love to do. I've recently taken the plunge, got my first real rejection from Evil Jester Press and like a band-aid ripped off quickly, it didn't hurt as bad as I thought. I'll definitely shout out my first publication when it happens, though, to all my new friends here at the Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
              Although I've been writing for decades, I'm new to this publishing thing, due to lack of confidence and paranoia, computer illiteracy and fear of rejection to something I literally love to do. I've recently taken the plunge, got my first real rejection from Evil Jester Press and like a band-aid ripped off quickly, it didn't hurt as bad as I thought. I'll definitely shout out my first publication when it happens, though, to all my new friends here at the Forum.
              Look forward to hearing that news!
              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Rejection is just part of life. Pitch it in there inside and fast. Hang in there and Live the Legend!!HAHAHA!!

Comment

Maya here - finally taking part in the forums! What took me so long?

So, I first discovered CD way back in '94 when I plucked CD magazine #19 off the shelf of a bookstore somewhere. Wow! What a great issue. Most of the fiction in there made it into The Best of CD Vol. 1, which of course I own, along with Vol. 2. My lifelong love affair with horror probably begins with fairy tales (some Grimm, others not), picks up steam with a crumbly old paperback of Vault of Horror comics my dad had lying around, and crosses the point of no return when I discovered Stephen King. I went from being so freaked out by the cover of Carrie (my older sister's copy - Sissy Spacek covered in blood) to staying up all night discovering Christine in just a couple short years. How DOES one go back to normal after that?

My rapacious appetite for literary horror is mostly fueled by a determination to find the "next" Stephen King. Of course, this is an impossible task, but along the way I've discovered some truly awesome writers and even some one-off gems. I'm not a collector of special editions, but I have certainly kept a LOT of books - visit my librarything bookshelf to see what I've kept (creeping up on 2,000 books, yikes).

By day I look after my kids, squeeze in as much reading time as I can, and try to stay off forums such as these. By night I've pretty much given up trying to accomplish anything useful and seek refuge in books, trawl forums, and generally waste time better spent sleeping.

I used to participate once in a blue moon on the Leisure Horror forum, and I am a fan of Delirium Books. Two of the items on my bucket list are: 1) Learn to play the piano passably well, and 2) Read everything by Greg Gifune.

Have I mentioned that I'm thrilled CD has a forum now?

Comment

Welcome, Maya!
                    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Welcome Maya! Hopefully you'll share some of that collection you have in the Collector's sub forum.

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

Hi,
                          Welcome aboard. Lots of nice people on here.
                          Mike

Comment

Look no further Maya. You are in good company here. Oh yeah... and one of us, (I'm not mentioning any names, mind you) actually IS the next Stephen King. It's up to you to figure out which one of us it is. So guess... come on... guess who it is. Come on... somebody play with me!

Comment

Welcome, Maya!
                              Great to have you here.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                                Look no further Maya. You are in good company here. Oh yeah... and one of us, (I'm not mentioning any names, mind you) actually IS the next Stephen King. It's up to you to figure out which one of us it is. So guess... come on... guess who it is. Come on... somebody play with me!
                                Well, my eyesight's as bad as King's...

Comment

Working...
                                X