No announcement yet.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi My name is Steve, my friends call me Steveo. (NO relation to the Jackass Steve-O, thank you..) I'm 36 and I'm a transplant from the now defunct Keenedom. I like all types of horror: Books, Movies, TV. I collect Comic Books and comic related toys. I'm just your average Horror/Comic Fanboy and I'm hoping to reconnect with some of my old pals from the Keene forum and hopefully meet some new friends. I love Zombies. I do not have a Facebook/Myspace/Twitter account....I prefer forums. I guess I'm old fashioned, but oh well. Thanks for having me!!

Comment

Hola Marc!
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Howdy, Marc and Steve!
        http://iwritehorror.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo View Post
          Hi My name is Steve, my friends call me Steveo. (NO relation to the Jackass Steve-O, thank you..) I'm 36 and I'm a transplant from the now defunct Keenedom. I like all types of horror: Books, Movies, TV. I collect Comic Books and comic related toys. I'm just your average Horror/Comic Fanboy and I'm hoping to reconnect with some of my old pals from the Keene forum and hopefully meet some new friends. I love Zombies. I do not have a Facebook/Myspace/Twitter account....I prefer forums. I guess I'm old fashioned, but oh well. Thanks for having me!!
          I'm with you Steveo. I left out that I too was a Keenedom transplant. thewalls over there, but that name had to go for what it represented to me. This one fits me better. lol. I do have the F.B. and Twitter accounts, but neither mean a damn thing to me. I am a forum person deep down. It seems like just the right way to get all the info and updates that you need. So here we go...

Comment

Welcome everyone and Mac its good to see a fellow Herbert fan on here, i love 'The Dark'!

Comment

Good morning all!

As per usual, it seems that I didn't do things the standard way here. So, here is my belated introduction. My name is Jon, I'm 36 and live in Austin, Texas. I work full-time as an instructional & graphic designer for a major telecommunications company, and like many here, harbor a dream of being able to one day use my writing skills for good rather than for corporate evil.

I'm a little late to the CD party, having only discovered this haven for horror hounds in July when searching the internet for something I'd heard about an anniversary edition of IT. Needless to say, since then I've developed a bit of a problem - you might even say a compulsion. Dan and Mindy have helped feed my addiction, so I guess I owe them a debt of gratitude.

My horror tastes tend to skew towards Stephen King, George Romero, older Clive Barker, Neil Gaiman, Jack Ketchum, and the like. I've recently finished and enjoyed books by Thomas Tessier, Ray Garton, Ronald Kelly, Brian James Freeman, and Joe Hill. My to-read pile includes some stuff I'm really anxious to dive into - Kealan Patrick Burke, Simon Clark, Edward Lee, and Norman Partridge, to name just a few.

I'm not always the most prolific participant in message boards, but I lurk and read, and pipe up when I have something to say. And yes, I frequently start to play the game before I bother reading the directions...

So Hello! CD Forums!

Comment

An overdue welcome to you then Jon.

Comment

Welcome Jon
                  http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Join the party, Jon!!!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Welcome Jon!

Comment

Welcome Jon. I discovered Kealan Patrick Burke through this forum and am now making my way through as many of his books as I can.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm digging the forums (and every CD book I've been able to get my grubby little hands on) so far!

Comment

Hello all, my name is Guy and I live in Murfreesboro Tennessee. I started reading Koontz and King around the fourth grade when my mother wasn't looking. I recently had to seriously cull my paperback horror collection becasue it was getting way out of hand. After selling around three hundred books I began rebuilding by buying limiteds. So far my collection is pretty small and mostly anything James A Moore, who is fantastic. I used to lurk on the Keenedom and have learned about many great writers from there.
                            Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Welcome guy!

Comment

Welcome Jon and Guy, it's a great forum you're falling into here. There's some really talented peeps here.

Comment

Working...
                                X