Please allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
    Oh, man, I didn't know this thread existed. Hello to all! Me, I live in West Yorkshire, England, with my wife and 2 year old daughter. You'll note I'm always late for conversations due to the time difference. As a boy I enjoyed pugilism and illustration, cartoons mostly. As a young man, filmmaking and editing, the latter of which I did for 9 years. Now, I'm happy for a silent room and good book. I'm not teaching or studying a MFA. I haven't ’t won any awards for my writing and spend most of my time locked in small room berating myself for not trying harder.

I have three novels done. The first is terrible and the other two have just been sent out to publishers. Wish me luck. One is about a writer who falls in love with a teenager, and the other is about a man who knows he will die before he is 30 years old and so with the help of a woman who likes to masturbate a lot, they induce overdoses in manic depressives to help him overcome his fear of death.

The fourth novel I'm currently writing is called, Dog Mile, which is about a small rural town in Yorkshire that is occupied by the devil. There it rains for five years, people turn into trees and time is of no consequence so people from the turn of the century converse with those from the future.

My short stories have appeared in many journals and anthologies - Some of the places who have accepted my work are, May December, The Wrong Tree Review, Medulla Publishing, Beat the Dust, Dogmatika, Cherry Bleeds, Gold Dust Magazine, Jersey Devil Press and Thieves Jargon. In the summer I will feature alongside Craig Clevenger, Stephen Graham Jones, Brian Evenson, Craig Davidson and Vincent Louis Carrella in the anthology, Warmed and Bound.

I'll also have a zombie story released called Revenge of the Pussy Eaters, and a tale called, Human Tenderloin, about a group of cannibals who enjoy fine dining due to be released in the Fall.

My CD story, 13, is one of only three horror type stories I've written. The other two are The Hole and Heart & Soul published by Colored Chalk.

I’m more magical realism, absurdist and underbelly fiction than I am horror so I’m totally overwhelmed being here. But you all seem like a cool bunch of writers so thanks for not sticking the “kick me” sign on my back just yet.

web: www.craigwallwork.blogspot.com
    Great intro and nice to meet you! I'm late on all the threads as I live in Europe as well... Well... not really, for the past few weeks I've been here non stop, except for this weekend as it was my cousins wedding and i've been drinking a bit too much...

Comment

Originally posted by miki74 View Post
      I really like Odd Thomas, too, but when I started Forever Odd, I just couldn't get into it. I probably need to give it another try.
      I liked Forever Odd, though that may be because there's a crazy girl in the story, and I can relate.
      www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

Originally posted by hamount View Post
        I liked Forever Odd, though that may be because there's a crazy girl in the story, and I can relate.
        I like all the Odd Thomas stories
        http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
          I like all the Odd Thomas stories
          I'm with you. Loved Brother Odd.
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Yeah, the Odd series were some of my favorite books. Though I personally like the Husband, probably because it's the first book I read by him.
            www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

The Husband was very good. I also thoroughly enjoyed The Taking.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                The Husband was very good. I also thoroughly enjoyed The Taking.
                OOOOOH! I forgot the Taking! Very good!

Comment

Me, too. At first I couldn't get into it, so I set it aside, and I read it a little later, and I really enjoyed it. Though I thought bordered more on the supernatural genre.

Comment

Hi, my name is Michele and my husband, jmcraven, recently introduced me to this website. I live in TX and have 1 son. I read all kinds of fiction, from chic lit (Jennifer Weiner) to mystery romance (Janet Evanovich) to fantasy romance (Stephenie Meyer, yes, I know!) to fantasy horror. While I have read a few books by Stephen King, and did enjoy them, I prefer Dean Koontz. I haven’t actually read Dean Koontz in a while, but am thinking of reading either the Odd Thomas series (have already read the first book) or else the Frankenstein books soon. I have enjoyed getting to read a lot of the writing contest submissions, but have not been able to read all the stories yet. I also LOVE scary movies!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Michele!

Comment

Yeah, I'm relatively new myself. So, welcome to all of us newbies.

Comment

Hola!
                          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Hey i'm Tom from the beautiful Peak District in the middle of England. Just moved into my own place with my girlfriend so its been a crazy yet fun 2 weeks ... here's a little pic

A nice little cottage built in the early 1800's i think and sits opposite a stream and loads of countryside. The stream leads into a pond that is right to the left of this pic and then a waterfall that leads down the valley and through the ruins of mills from the 1700's. Were very lucky to live there

I have been collecting books slowly for the past 5 years and have a reasonale collection that is mainly made up of Stephen King, Joe Hill, Carlos Ruiz Zafon and James Herbert. Love CD's books, the quality is right up there and i'm sure that there will be more books on the shelves by the end of the year.

Cheers

Comment

Wow, Tom, that's a lovely cottage.
                              We don't have too many of those where I live.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                                Welcome to the forum Michele!
                                Thanks! :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X