Another story I really enjoyed.
      DSC_1139.JPGDSC_1140.JPG

Comment

'The Island of Doctor Moreau' by H.G. Wells (Suntup Artist Edition):
        DSC_1141.JPGDSC_1142.JPGDSC_1143.JPGDSC_1144.JPG

Comment

'Neuromancer' by William Gibson (Suntup Limited Edition):
          DSC_1145.JPGDSC_1147.JPGDSC_1149.JPGDSC_1150.JPGDSC_1151.JPG

This is a beautiful book and I love the capped slipcases. However, this one is too tight. After opening it about four times there is visible wear. I will be avoiding opening this case.
          DSC_1148.JPG

Comment

Full Throttle: Stories by Joe Hill Signed ARC (Subterranean Press Limited):
            Was able to get this from Joe Hill's personal collection through a charity Auction supporting Joe Hill and Gillian Redfearn's charity:
            DSC_0685.JPGDSC_0686.JPGDSC_0687.JPG

Comment

Congrats, Martin, on one heckuva nice batch of new arrivals. My immediate takeaways:

I really screwed up by not (yet) getting O'Nan's THE NIGHT COUNTRY. I really like O'Nan's work (but had tried THE NIGHT COUNTRY before and didn't really like the "greek chorus" aspect of it, but need to give it another shot) and that production by Lividian is fantastic.

I similarly screwed up on not getting the Joe Hill. I had the signed/numbered UK HC, so figured that was good enough, and, as well, listened too much to the criticism on the odd size dimensions of the Sub Press edition. But the art is incredible, and I've really grown to like its odd, charmingly different sizing.
              Last edited by RonClinton; 09-27-2021, 09:21 PM.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Wowza! What a line-up.

Your library will be very happy.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Congrats, Martin, on one heckuva nice batch of new arrivals. My immediate takeaways:

I really screwed up by not (yet) getting O'Nan's THE NIGHT COUNTRY. I really like O'Nan's work (but had tried THE NIGHT COUNTRY before and didn't really like the "greek chorus" aspect of it, but need to give it another shot) and that production by Lividian is fantastic.

I similarly screwed up on not getting the Joe Hill. I had the signed/numbered UK HC, so figured that was good enough, and, as well, listened too much to the criticism on the odd size dimensions of the Sub Press edition. But the art is incredible, and I've really grown to like its odd, charmingly different sizing.
                  While I concur that The Night Country is not in my favorite O'Nan titles I will support any small press that publishes his work. I consider him such an underrated author. I am currently re-reading 'The Names of the Dead'.

I absolutely what Sub Press did with Full Throttle and am really glad to have been able to add the ARC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    Wowza! What a line-up.

Your library will be very happy.
                    Thanks, this is several months worth of purchases.

Comment

I wouldn't say Billy Summers is completely supernatural free. Readers will stumble across an old, familiar place......

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        I wouldn't say Billy Summers is completely supernatural free. Readers will stumble across an old, familiar place......
                        The actual events like the picture moving are so few I don't consider them significant but I get your point. The stories large nod to The Shining has been widely discussed. There is also a brief nod to The Stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

The actual events like the picture moving are so few I don't consider them significant but I get your point. The stories large nod to The Shining has been widely discussed. There is also a brief nod to The Stand.
                          Yes, Sir. I little spot in Nebraska I believe

Comment

Recently received a very generous gift from a fellow forum contributor.
                            A PC copy of Survivor Song by Paul Tremblay from SST. Have not read this one and am looking forward to it.
                            Trade copy of The Last End by Nick Mamatas from PS Publishing. I have heard of the author but have not read him yet and know nothing about the story. Looking forward to trying the author.
                            Two Book marks from 19th Editions.

DSC_1235.JPG
                            DSC_1237.JPGDSC_1238.JPG
                            DSC_1239.JPGDSC_1240.JPG

Comment

More photos of Survivor Song and The Last Week End:
                              DSC_1242.JPGDSC_1241.JPGDSC_1243.JPGDSC_1244.JPG
                              A very generous gift and I appreciate it!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Three Cemetery Dance ARCs:
                                Gloria by Bentley Little
                                The Eater of Gods by Dan Franklin
                                Life in a Haunted House by Norman Prentiss
                                DSC_1245.JPGDSC_1246.JPGDSC_1247.JPGDSC_1249.JPGDSC_1248.JPGDSC_1250.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X