Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am currently debating whether I should read the limited or purchase the audio like you did.
    The narrator was very good I thought. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

The narrator was very good I thought. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.
      My backlog of physical books is larger than it is for audiobooks so I am leaning towards the audio.

Comment

Recent shipment from Mr. Freeman's Patreon subscription.
        Signed trade "The Girl Who Builds Monsters" and signed paperback "The Halloween Children":

I have read those both previously and will read them again. These will become my reading copies. Read the ARC of "The Girl Who Builds Monsters" and loved the art but I have to admit it looks much nicer printed on the paper stock in the hardbound. Just a beautiful book.
        DSC_0447.JPGDSC_0448.JPGDSC_0449.JPGDSC_0450.JPGDSC_0451.JPG

Comment

More photos from my Patreon package:
          DSC_0452.JPGDSC_0453.JPGDSC_0454.JPGDSC_0455.JPGDSC_0456.JPG

Comment

I am always on the lookout for oddities featuring Stephen King. Recently learned of the existence of this book and embarked on finding a copy at a price I was willing to pay. And I scored.
            "Mid-Life Confidential The Rock Bottom Remainders Tour America with Three Chords and an Attitude":
            DSC_0457.JPGDSC_0458.JPGDSC_0459.JPGDSC_0460.JPG

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

And a few more photos:
                DSC_0461.JPGDSC_0462.JPGDSC_0463.JPGDSC_0464.JPG

Comment

Good stuff!
                  Thanks! I am looking forward to reading the Rock Bottom Remainders book.

Comment

Here are the three mystery books I received from Newtonville Books yesterday.

In looking at the books I am very intrigued.

First up is "I Hold A Wolf" by Laura Van Den Berg:
                    This books contains 11 ghost stories.
                    IMG_1755.JPEGIMG_1756.JPEG
                    Second is a trilogy published as one nearly 600 page volume. "The Complete Charlie Martens Trilogy: Vernon Downs, World Gone Water and Garden Lakes" by Jaime Clarke. These follow a man as he goes through life after his parents were killed when he was young:
                    IMG_1757.JPEGIMG_1758.JPEGIMG_1759.JPEG

Comment

The third is the most intriguing to me.
                      "Minor Characters" by Jaime Clarke *.
                      The * is because this is a collection of authors. The stories are grouped in blocks titled "From Vernon Downs", "From World Gone Water" and "From Garden Lakes". I am assuming they stories pull characters from these stories. The most intriguing thing is that Owen King has a story titled "Rabbit". It is in the From Vernon Downs section.
                      IMG_1760.JPEGIMG_1761.JPEGIMG_1762.JPEG

Comment

Sorry, I reversed the photos for the last two books.
                        I tried to find information about the Owen King story and it is not listed on his website. Of course according to Amazon the book does not come out until April 15th, 2021 so he may not have listed it yet.

I also now have a second book mystery. I received an email today that states an author is sending me a package and it also appeared in my Informed Delivery as 'Shipping Label Created'. I will hold off on saying more until I know more but I am interested in seeing what this is.

Comment

Did you reach out to Newtonville Books?

Comment

Did you reach out to Newtonville Books?
                            That's kind of where my mind went as well...before you start reading them and getting invested with and attached to the books, did you get the all-clear from Newtonville that they're actually yours?
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Never even thought about reaching out to the book store. The box was sent to my name and address so I have to assume it was intended for me. They would have no way to know my name and address without someone providing it. I just do not know who sent it or why.
                              I have moved on to trying to figure out what is coming next week. I received an email from shipping service telling me that a person is sending me something. It tells me who is sending it and that it is coming media mail but I have no clue what it is or why they are sending me something. The sender is someone people here are familiar with and although I have never provided my address to them they would have easy access to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Never even thought about reaching out to the book store. The box was sent to my name and address so I have to assume it was intended for me. They would have no way to know my name and address without someone providing it. I just do not know who sent it or why.
                                I have moved on to trying to figure out what is coming next week. I received an email from shipping service telling me that a person is sending me something. It tells me who is sending it and that it is coming media mail but I have no clue what it is or why they are sending me something. The sender is someone people here are familiar with and although I have never provided my address to them they would have easy access to it.
                                Odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X