No announcement yet.

Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fantastic batch of new additions, Martin — congrats and enjoy. Do let me know what you think of the new Dugoni…very curious about that one, as you know (and cool you snagged a signed copy). I also passed on that PS set, even though it’s typically a type of project I’d be all over…just too many non-writers and borderline horror (e.g. the Larson and Spielberg you show…I do get that both have a history in the macabre, but…)…but, man, everytime I see pics of it, I have to wonder if my hangup is causing me to make a huge mistake…it’s really a beautiful production.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      A fantastic batch of new additions, Martin — congrats and enjoy. Do let me know what you think of the new Dugoni…very curious about that one, as you know (and cool you snagged a signed copy). I also passed on that PS set, even though it’s typically a type of project I’d be all over…just too many non-writers and borderline horror (e.g. the Larson and Spielberg you show…I do get that both have a history in the macabre, but…)…but, man, everytime I see pics of it, I have to wonder if my hangup is causing me to make a huge mistake…it’s really a beautiful production.
      Thanks. I really enjoyed the Dugoni book. He is a very good writer and the story feels very real. I am actually reading a book he used as reference material for the Vietnam war portion of the story. It is a series of essays from people who served in Vietnam titled NAM. Very interesting read as well. I do think they did the book a disservice tying it to Sam Hell though. I do not look at the PS Set as highlighting writing or horror. I look at is as profiling fantasy fiction creators of all types and media. I am beyond pleased with and wish I had purchased the limited when it was first offered.

Comment

That's amazing that your wife got to see them live! Great additions and Walking With Ghosts is a gorgeous production. BJF's production of The Chill and Heart-Shaped Box look to be amazing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          That's amazing that your wife got to see them live! Great additions and Walking With Ghosts is a gorgeous production. BJF's production of The Chill and Heart-Shaped Box look to be amazing as well.
          Seeing them live was a great memory for her. She did say that she wished people would stop screaming so she could hear the band though. Lividian is doing some great stuff. I am sure the photo he shared today excited you as much as it did me!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Seeing them live was a great memory for her. She did say that she wished people would stop screaming so she could hear the band though. Lividian is doing some great stuff. I am sure the photo he shared today excited you as much as it did me!
            Yea, seems they and Elvis had that same issue with the fans. I probably would have found it extremely annoying as well.

Yes it did in regards to the photo!

Comment

DSC_1323.JPG Thi DSC_1324.JPG s boo DSC_1322.JPG
              Tis book was mentioned as reference material for a fiction book I read recently. Had not heard of the book so I looked it up and managed to find a BCE issue to read,
              The book is titles NAM and is essays from people who served in Vietnam. The essays are presented in phases of the conflict/ They range from a few sentences to several pages in length. The essays are enlightening and heart breaking. 5 Stars!
              Nam:
              Last edited by Martin; 12-08-2021, 12:46 AM.

Comment

This is a strange one. A Cemetery Dance book that is clearly printed by PS Publishing with no mention of that.
                Things I Didn't Know My Father Knew: The Best Short Stories of Peter Crowther:
                DSC_1328.JPGDSC_1329.JPGDSC_1330.JPGDSC_1325.JPGDSC_1326.JPGDSC_1327.JPG

Comment

An interesting little Chap Book I stumbled upon. Looks interesting:
                  Gods of Darkness by F. Scott Fitzgerald
                  DSC_1333.JPGDSC_1335.JPGDSC_1336.JPGDSC_1334.JPGDSC_1337.JPG

Comment

Deena Warner 2021 Halloween card.
                    I love these and am really happy she continues to send them out each year!
                    DSC_1338.JPGDSC_1339.JPGDSC_1340.JPG

Comment

Where They Wait by Scott Carson (Michael Koryta) Signed 1st:
                      DSC_1341.JPGDSC_1342.JPGDSC_1343.JPG

Comment

Boys In the Valley by Phillip Fracassi Signed Limited by Earthling
                        Have just started reading this and am enjoying it so far.
                        DSC_1344.JPGDSC_1346.JPGDSC_1349.JPGDSC_1345.JPGDSC_1347.JPGDSC_1348.JPG

Comment

I am not a big fan of The Folio Society's production values. I avoided buying this book for that reason combined with the price. I kept looking at it though because I am so intrigued by the story. I received a discount coupon for Folio and decided I had to buy this, and boy am I glad I did.
                          A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam:
                          John Paul Vann was a retired Lieutenant Colonel who commanded troops in Vietnam as a civilian. He was heavily involved in the war both before and after his retirement. The story intrigues me. This is easily the highest quality Folio book I have ever seen.
                          DSC_1353.JPGDSC_1354.JPGDSC_1356.JPGDSC_1358.JPGDSC_1355.JPGDSC_1357.JPG

Comment

More photos of A Bright Shining Lie:
                            DSC_1363.JPGDSC_1362.JPGDSC_1360.JPGDSC_1361.JPGDSC_1364.JPGDSC_1359.JPG

Comment

and more:
                              DSC_1365.JPGDSC_1369.JPGDSC_1370.JPGDSC_1367.JPGDSC_1366.JPG

Comment

Honestly, I could take pictures of this book all day, but I will stop here.
                                DSC_1371.JPGDSC_1372.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X