No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bookworm said it best. Another nice find!!!!

Comment

Just purchased the newest Maelstrom set of books from Thunderstorm Books
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
        Just purchased the newest Maelstrom set of books from Thunderstorm Books
        Nice. I'm about to do the same thing. The covers for all three books look awesome! Good week for Keene fans with this and Sixty Five Stirrup Road. Don't know if I'm going to get that one though.

Comment

Yeah, it sure is. I won't be pre-ordering the Sixty-Five Stirrup Road though. First because I don't have the money (using Maelstrom as my birthday present, lol), 2nd because I am sure how that many authors can make a story that streams between the nine of them, and C because of the publisher. I have one book from Sinister Grin and will likely not purchase another one. Got a paperback copy of Down by Nate Southard, which was a disappointing story (Great start that was ruined with the introduction of something that short of story didn't need at all), but the font size was way too small, and apparently it is that size for their hardcovers as well. Since I don't buy limited editions just to collect for the most part and intend on reading almost all them, I don't want to purchase books that are guaranteed to have a very small font size. I can understand it if the book's length helps the publisher keep costs down, but don't understand it with novellas. I might check out that book eBook format down the road though, but not as a physical book.
          Spoiler!

Comment

Nice to know about Sinister Grin. I have yet to purchase anything from them and doubt that I'll get Sixty-Five Stirrup either. I have the same doubts about the story that you do. I'd think that you'd have to have one heck of an editor in control of that project to make it a success. The font size sounds disappointing. That's one of the great things about CD is that the books are very readable: great font, layout, etc.

Comment

I'm also not really a fan of the cover art for Stirrup Road either. I will see how well the book is reviewed and then possibly consider getting it as an eBook, but way too early to know yet. I love Keene's writing and have enjoyed Ketchum's writings that I've read so far, but haven't read any of the others yet except Southard who didn't impress me. If he hadn't taken Down in the direction it went I would have been more impressed though and can see that he is a talented writer.
              Spoiler!

Comment

Can't post em yet, but I jumped on the GAK-o-lanterns! I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. Good thing I hang onto a little crazy money for emergencies. Hope the wife doesn't read this post!! LOL!!!
                MDH

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  Can't post em yet, but I jumped on the GAK-o-lanterns! I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. Good thing I hang onto a little crazy money for emergencies. Hope the wife doesn't read this post!! LOL!!!
                  MDH
                  Ahh, the good ol' crazy money stash! Mine's pretty much all burned out, so I'll have to add to it somehow. And yeah, lets just hope the wives aren't lurking here as well....

Comment

lol, wish I had a crazy money stash! Oh well, hopefully I will be able to get one sometime soon. Can't really prevent the wife from knowing if I spent crazy money. Luckily I wasn't married yet when CD announced their release of their IT books and art portfolio, lol, no way she'd of been fine with my spending that kinda money! Luckily I was able to justify spending $133 for the newest Maelstrom set of books as my birthday present even though it won't even get here until more than a month after my birthday most likely since they are aiming for mid-Nov. That is fine with me though since I won't be able to dig into them since I'll be doing NaNoWriMo and limiting my reading to science fiction short stories during that time.
                    Spoiler!

Comment

HPIM1460.jpg
                      The New Scott Lynch book, part of the Locke Lamora series. Lots of back story with this one, similar to GRR Martin as far as having it promised years ago. Subterranean Press is coming out with a limited soon I think. Pure fun Fantasy, not as dark as some, but good in its own way nonetheless. Can't wait to get to it.
                      Last edited by mhatchett; 10-14-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

If anyone is looking for a copy of Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King, here's one that is a pretty good deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNOWING-DARK...X:PROI:US:3160

Comment

First post - long time lurker - yay!!!

Today the mail man delivered my 30th Anniversary Edition of Christine. It looks beautiful albeit a little shorter than I was expecting. It's shorter than most of my regular hardcover books. Regardless - looks amazing and sadly one of a handful of SK books that I've never read.

Comment

Welcome TacomaDiver! Nice grab too. I found a pb version of Christine at my wife's bank - they had a used book sale for charity, so couldn't pass it up for $1.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Today the mail man delivered my 30th Anniversary Edition of Christine. It looks beautiful albeit a little shorter than I was expecting. It's shorter than most of my regular hardcover books. Regardless - looks amazing and sadly one of a handful of SK books that I've never read.
                              A great first post here, I really wish I had picked up that book. It really does look great.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Welcome to the forum TacomaDiver!!!
                                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X