Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your finds never cease to amaze.

Comment

Thanks TJ! I do like looking. If you're ever down in VA maybe we could go junkin together. Have a great weeken

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
        Twists of the Tale with King's "The Cat from Hell":

John
        Sweet find John!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Very Sweet!!

Comment

HPIM1451.jpg

Tito comes through like a champ!! The Spear. Frank Herbert, 1st ed, signed, with a neat letter and couple of other items. Great book, great deal, and Fantastic shipping. Thanks Tito. Love the book.
            MDH

Comment

I've had this on my Amazon wish list for a long time, but it was $59.95. I just noticed that the price dropped to $9.95, so I snapped it up. I got signed copy 28/1000. Today, the price is back to $56.95...weird.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/189...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SK_is_bachman.jpg

Comment

Nice find. I have this and it is a really nice book with some good information.
                Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                I've had this on my Amazon wish list for a long time, but it was $59.95. I just noticed that the price dropped to $9.95, so I snapped it up. I got signed copy 28/1000. Today, the price is back to $56.95...weird.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/189...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13363[/ATTACH]

Comment

Latest purchase was a lettered copy of Waiting by Rick Hautala. I was going to say it will be my first traycased book, but my signed copy of IT is in a traycase, but it will be my first lettered book
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

I bought a S/L copy of Shadow of the Wind (SubPress) today on eBay. Paid $125 for it (more than I wanted), but it is one of my all time favorite books, and the illustrations look beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by coderedx View Post
                      I bought a S/L copy of Shadow of the Wind (SubPress) today on eBay. Paid $125 for it (more than I wanted), but it is one of my all time favorite books, and the illustrations look beautiful.
                      Thats one I'd love to get my hands on some day! Great buy!

Comment

Originally posted by coderedx View Post
                        I bought that title as well, beautiful book, fantastic story. Don't waste your money Angels Game. Just my thought, it pales in comparison to Shadow. My other favorite that Sub put out, Club Duma, what a great book!! Good pick up, sometimes you have to lay out a little more for the good stuff.
                        MDH

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          I bought that title as well, beautiful book, fantastic story. Don't waste your money Angels Game. Just my thought, it pales in comparison to Shadow. My other favorite that Sub put out, Club Duma, what a great book!! Good pick up, sometimes you have to lay out a little more for the good stuff.
                          MDH
                          I haven't read Angel's Game. Is the book bad, or is the S/L just not worth the money?

FWIW, I've watched the Angel's Game prices on eBay, and you can get a copy for $50. I wouldn't pay that much without having read the book, but if I could pick one up at auction for $30 or so I might be interested...

Comment

My opinion, Angel's Game isn't as good as The Shadow of the Wind, but then few books are. It's still a great story that i loved and the Sub Press edition is great again.
                            Also you ought to read his new book - Marina - when it comes out, it's very much in the same vein as The Shadow of the Wind and i didn't want it to end!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                              My opinion, Angel's Game isn't as good as The Shadow of the Wind, but then few books are. It's still a great story that i loved and the Sub Press edition is great again.
                              Also you ought to read his new book - Marina - when it comes out, it's very much in the same vein as The Shadow of the Wind and i didn't want it to end!
                              I agree, just wasn't as good as Shadow of the Wind.

Comment

HPIM1454.jpg

HPIM1457.jpg

A few weekend finds. While not in fantastic condition, I couldn't pass up the November 1959 (no.5) and the August 1961 (no.13) Famous Monsters of Filmland. I have a lot of them, but never seen this one. Curse of Frankenstein and Horror Of Dracula? I remember waiting in line for these movies. and as many of you know, not a King Collector, but I have always liked Cycle of The Werewolf, so when I found a good hardback I picked it up.
                                MDH
                                Last edited by mhatchett; 09-16-2013, 11:24 PM. Reason: Add photo

Comment

Working...
                                X