No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was always glad I was able to pick up a copy of Mr. October.

Comment

Yep. That is one I need to track down one day.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Added a 2nd Lettered Edition to my collection. Rick Hautala's Indian Summer letter "M".

Rick holds a special place in my heart. Over the years I had written a little and toyed around with the idea of publishing. I reached out to Rick regarding both multiple times and he was very generous with his time and happy to speak about writing and publishing. He was always pleasant and came across as a genuinely nice person. I miss him and his stories. Very underrated in my opinion.

May he rest in peace.

Indian Summer 2.jpgIndian Summer wout DJ 4.jpgIndian Summer 3 sig.jpg
        Glad you were able to get this. Rick read a comment I posted about his writing online and reached out to thank me. He then sent me an inscribed copy of one of his books. Just a genuinely kind person and a fantastic storyteller.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Glad you were able to get this. Rick read a comment I posted about his writing online and reached out to thank me. He then sent me an inscribed copy of one of his books. Just a genuinely kind person and a fantastic storyteller.
          I was able to talk to him every year at NECON. He always remembered me and always had a smile on his face and a laugh ready to go. I miss him, what a great person.

Comment

Same. It’s a wonderfully produced set that is worthy of his legacy.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Very nice add!

Comment

Hey Guys,
                Dune arrived today. A piece of art. I bought the unsigned copy with no regrets. I'm not going to post any photos of the book many of you already have it or have seen it. I am however going to post a photo of the box it arrived in. Thank Goodness Jead does such a good job packing his books HAHA!!

BoxD.jpg

Comment

Man, when I get a box that arrives like that, those few minutes of unboxing the book and checking for damage are anxiety-ridden, especially for a book as expensive as DUNE. Glad there was no damage to the book itself.

Comment

It could almost be the Amazon smile

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      It could almost be the Amazon smile
                      The Amazon grimace. I have gotten some vary good Amazon packages and some with the unwrapped book rattling around in a huge box LOL!!

Comment

Yikes, glad the book came through unscathed!

Comment

Hey Guys,
                          Thank Goodness Jead does such a good job packing his books HAHA!!
                          This has...not been my experience.

That's not to say he does a bad job, but I think I've been spoiled by how well Goldsboro packs books.

Comment

Still waiting for DUNE to arrive...should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday. My AE copy of Suntup's THE WOLFEN should not be too far behind, maybe late this week or early next.

In the meantime, my Amazon order of three new books-about-books arrived today, and can't wait to start on them. They are THE LAST BOOKSELLER: A Life in the Rare Book Trade by Gary Goodman, RARE BOOK HUNTING: Essays and Escapades by Kurt Zimmerman, and AN ACCIDENTAL BOOKSELLER: A Personal Memoir of Foyles by Bill Samuel. Apparently subtitled titles are a requirement for books of this type.

Comment

These came in this last week.

Those Across the River:

TATR DJ Side View.jpg

and I few more copies (one PB for my daughter and one HC for me) of These I Know by Heart.

TIKBH Side View.jpgTIKBH Sig.jpg
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Not my latest purchase, but one that I kept meaning to show off.

During one of the more recent CD auctions, they had a hardcover copy of Harlan Ellison's Essential Retrospective (35year version.) Price was a bargain (IMHO) and became an even better bargain when it arrived:
                                IMG_6375.jpgIMG_6376.jpg
                                Last edited by TacomaDiver; 01-15-2022, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X