Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    No pic, but last night I grabbed the re-issue of King's Creepshow
    Way cool. I plan to pick up a copy sometime this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Way cool. I plan to pick up a copy sometime this week.
      Funny aside to this....there was a young woman (early 20s I'd guess) asking one of the employees about It. Wanted to read it before the movie comes out - the look of shock at the sheer size of the book was funny. She asked it that was the only version.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
        Funny aside to this....there was a young woman (early 20s I'd guess) asking one of the employees about It. Wanted to read it before the movie comes out - the look of shock at the sheer size of the book was funny. She asked it that was the only version.
        But . . . but . . . but the title is so short!

Comment

Received my scratch and dent grab bag today I am very pleased with it. There was only one book in it but that book is a pristine edition of Bentley Little's Revelation. I am assuming it went into the scratch and dent pile because the frontis art is overly glued into the book.

Comment

I'm calling this series of photos "Why I'm not buying any of the recent Stephen King Releases Or what I did with my summer vacation Money" LOL!!
            IMG_0757.jpg
            IMG_0758.jpg
            IMG_0759.jpg

Comment

Absolutely love it Mike. I really wish I could have afforded that edition, but I guess we can't have them all.

Comment

Centipede will do that to you.

It feels odd to know that so many new CP releases are coming out, and I only picked up one of the four you show (THE DOGS)...whereas when their pub schedule was a little more drawn out I was able to get most of them. Knowing the cost of the Adams novel, I'll be able to live with that omission, but I do think I'll probably live to regret my decision to skip the Finney.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Really, Finney is the one i was most looking forward to. I was reading your post about copies of multiple editions, I'm stuck on Something Wicked this way Comes. I know I'm going to wind up getting the Centipede edition when it comes out!

Comment

As much as I love Centipede, I'm thinking of sticking with my PS Publishing Something Wicked. Love or hate Chadbourne, it's tough to argue against his artwork being perfect for that story.
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

If any of you folks that picked up The Dogs got copy #194, send me a message. Jerad made a minor goof and sent me #199 instead, but I don't want to bother the guy that much considering the last newsletter.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                        As much as I love Centipede, I'm thinking of sticking with my PS Publishing Something Wicked. Love or hate Chadbourne, it's tough to argue against his artwork being perfect for that story.
                        Not a fan of Chadbourne at all, so I could argue all day...but I won't. ;-)

I have the signed S/L HC from Gauntlet, so am trying to make that my only copy. But much like THE STAND -- I have a Fine/Fine 1st, but will definitely pick up CD's edition of this favorite novel -- and SWAN SONG -- I have a signed Dark Harvest HC but did pick up the forthcoming Sub Press S/L HC -- I may pick up the Centipede of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES. Very few novels that I allow multiple editions for -- due to that chronic shelf space issue I complained about earlier -- but WICKED is very likely among that select group...the PS edition I passed on easily, but Centipede is an entirely different ballgame.

Comment

Haha, I understand. And to be honest, I'm generally not a fan myself. But I thought it worked brilliantly for that Bradbury book, tapping childlike imagination of dark, raw and wistful.

I looked for that Dark Harvest Swan Song for quite a while, but the SubPress version ended that search--I ordered it immediately.

For the CD Doubleday years, I couldn't be happier with the work they're doing on those traycased Artist editions. A King signature would be great, but I'm generally more interested in the production quality of the books themselves. CD is knocking these out of the park.
                          -John Barth

Comment

Btw, bugen, can I say that I'm really enjoying your reviews...I see and read the reviews on Twitter/your site for the text feedback, and then watch the videos for the comments on the production qualities. Always really enjoy getting that broad perspective of the book, both as a delivery of text and as a work of craftsmanship/art.

Comment

Thanks, Ron, I'm glad you're enjoying them and appreciate the mention! Book review #200 is quickly approaching and I'm hoping to make it something special.
                              -John Barth

Comment

Sorry, I got 96!

Comment

Working...
                                X