Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I had the same reaction to The Chalk Man. I was not a hater by any means but I had no idea why that book was hyped the way it was. That's why I was foolish enough to get The Hiding Place and match my number for The Chalk Man. The Hiding Place was not only loaded with outrageously ludicrous plot twists, you had to hack through tangles of infuriating passages to get to them.
    I still need to read The Hiding Place, but it sounds like it might be another disappointment. Worse yet is that I also own a copy of her latest book (the signed copies from the UK were cheap), so I feel commited to reading both, haha!

Comment

0301201130.jpg

Got to add a couple of ARCs to the collection along with the gift edition of Desperation!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]22007[/ATTACH]

Got to add a couple of ARCs to the collection along with the gift edition of Desperation!
        Great additions, congratulations!

Comment

Today I received Dreamland by Nnacy Bilyeau. I snagged a signed trade paperback copy from the Mysterious Bookshop. The cover is what drew me in and made me order Dreamland. I was reminded of circus tents by the artwork. I have said this quite a few times before and I'll say it again. This is a book has a pretty cover. I'm unsure what shade of blue it is--It's just pretty and the image online does not do justice to the book when you're really holding it. I'm nearing the end of one book otherwise I'd be so very tempted to set it aside and dive into Dreamland.
          Here is what I really find interesting. I knew the basic storyline for Dreamland. Two or three days ago I found myself looking at these old hotels, two or three, that used to be on Coney Island. Coney Island is part of the setting for Dreamland. At the end of Dreamland the author talks about these old hotels that are now long gone.

Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Congrats. The GE of Desperation is a very nice book.

Originally posted by Splync View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22007[/ATTACH]

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

So while taking a break from helping pack up my daughter for the trip home I went to a used book store and spent money. Found a mint condition issue of The Horror Show magazine as well as all 4 volumes in paperback of Charles Grants Greystone Bay anthology series and few other Charles Grant titles. It was a great find and a great distraction.

Comment

Today I got the Suntup Press Misery thanks to a CD discussion board member. Just the packaging used by Paul is quite impressive. ~Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                  Today I got the Suntup Press Misery thanks to a CD discussion board member. Just the packaging used by Paul is quite impressive. ~Cap
                  Congratulations, that is a great addition!

Comment

Brian Keene's On the Road arrived yesterday. Really looking forward to reading this one. I'm sure no sideways pic is needed, we all know what it looks like LOL! Have a great Day!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      Brian Keene's On the Road arrived yesterday. Really looking forward to reading this one. I'm sure no sideways pic is needed, we all know what it looks like LOL! Have a great Day!
                      Mine arrived last week, and I read it over the weekend. It was a good read. The only thing he says that bugs me is "But I digress", which shows up way too many times, and is one of those sayings that is usually completely irrelevant.

Comment

A couple on new framed Bradbury items!
                        RB.jpg

Comment

Very nice! ^^^

Comment

WOW! FANTASTIC!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Those look great!
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton