Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concur, Keith! Very nice add!

Comment

Just a few adds. The Gorman set I picked up from Camelot Books. The Blackburn books, Scent of New-Mown Hay and Bury Him Darkly are from Centipede Press.
      IMG_0770.jpg IMG_0771.jpg

Comment

Nice adds everyone!

Comment

I debated those Blackburn books. His work has all the hallmarks of fiction that I should enjoy…yet the two I’ve read by him in the past have left me a bit cold, their style too formal, too distant in voice, perhaps, to really click. Not really sure why, given that such stylistic obstacles don’t normally create such a firewall for me. But I’m not ready to throw in the towel…I suspect my prior choices have simply been poorly selected. So I’m very likely going to take the Blackburn plunge – past experiences be damned – and am fairly confident I’ll be rewarded for doing so, because, again, his stuff *should* be right up my alley…

Glad to see Ed Gorman get some love...his work -- especially his short fiction -- is incredible.

Nice adds.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I bought the Blackburn set and I'm currently reading A Scent of New-Mown Hay. I really like it so far. Not anything I normally read, but thoroughly enjoyable.

Comment

Nice adds, Mike!

Comment

Thanks Guys. Ron, I really like Gorman a lot and was glad to find this set pretty reasonably priced.

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I'm pretty happy with my addition!

mhatchett, I'm super-jealous of those Gorman books. That's a nice looking set and now that I've seen a picture, I'm tempted to pick-up my hunting for one of my one. Congrats on the Blackburn books. I wound up passing due to monetary constraints and I was not completely sold on the cover art. I feel like I might be missing out on some good reads though as they both sound right up my alley.

Comment

CD's sweet new generic slipcases fit these quite well! Snug.

CD generic slipcases.jpg
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

400 Days of Oppression, S/L, by Wrath James White from Bloodbound Books. Also, today I received Darkness Whispers, signed tpk, by Richard Chizmar and Brian James Freeman.

Cap
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19868[/ATTACH]
                        I really need to pick some of them up for the lettered editions. Anybody know how they fit the Scott Smith books?

Comment

I have three of those coming (ordered waaaay back in July . . . . of 2016 . . .) and I don't remember which books I got them for. Guess I'll figure that out when they arrive.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19868[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            I really need to pick some of them up for the lettered editions. Anybody know how they fit the Scott Smith books?
                            Both lettered Scott Smith books fit. They're just a tad tight top and bottom, but still slide fairly easily. They also don't quite fill out the width of the slipcase but are close--The Ruins has a bit more room on the sides. Here's a quick pick:

Scott Smith LTRD with slipcases.jpg
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Both lettered Scott Smith books fit. They're just a tad tight top and bottom, but still slide fairly easily. They also don't quite fill out the width of the slipcase but are close--The Ruins has a bit more room on the sides. Here's a quick pick:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19870[/ATTACH]
                              Thanks for the pics! Now I have to pick some up. The lettered editions look great in those slipcase.

I know there was practical, financial reasons for the decision, but is anyone else bummed that CD isn't offering lettered editions that much anymore?

Comment

Fritz Leiber in the house! Swords and Deviltry came in yesterday. Beautiful book, art is great and size-wise it's perfect. Read the introduction, fantastic. Another out of the park book from Centipede. And the price point is dead on, in my opinion. I also added two cool paperbacks to my vintage paperback collection.
                                IMG_0772.jpgIMG_0773.jpgIMG_0774.jpgIMG_0775.jpg
                                Last edited by mhatchett; 08-06-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X