No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For fans of classic fantastical fiction, I just received this, one of the cooler new acquistions I've received for some time...very, very excited and pleased to have this one (and, no, I have no idea who Ted Hikty (sp?) is), especially at the price bought. 1st ed. HC, NF/NF, Shasta, 1951.

brown1.JPG

brown2.JPG
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I haven't read Brown's fantastic works, but I do enjoy his sense of wit and humour in his short crime works that I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
        I haven't read Brown's fantastic works, but I do enjoy his sense of wit and humour in his short crime works that I've read.
        You're probably already aware, but in case not, Haffner Press is going to publish a dozen or so HC volumes of all his mystery shorts (similar to the Dennis McMillan project, but apparently even more complete). The first two volumes are due out any day (though they've been delayed numerous times, so no holding of breath).

Comment

I hadn't heard, thanks for the tip! Was just starting to grab a couple of his CP books recently and was debating about getting more if I liked his full length work. I do have many of his short works in various mystery/crime anthologies, and always enjoyed those.

Comment

A couple years back, I backed DRP's Madhouse campaign on Indiegogo, and the reward tier I pledged at the time was for a signed hardcover, a campaign-exclusive TPB, and a grab bag of two signed hardcovers, two paperbacks, and some ebook. At the time I did not read carefully and though I got to choose the extra books and didn't realize the truth until literally last week. Oh well, I figured I'd get a bunch of copies of stuff I already had and flip them on eBay, hopefully recouping what I spent on the whole package.

Well my books arrived yesterday, and my grab bag books were TPBs of Wolf Hunt 2 and Like a Dead Man Walking, neither of which I had, a hardcover of Wine and Rank Poison by Allyson Bird, which I do have, a the Gauntlet Press edition of It Came From Outer Space by Ray Bradbury, which is just fucking awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              A couple years back, I backed DRP's Madhouse campaign on Indiegogo, and the reward tier I pledged at the time was for a signed hardcover, a campaign-exclusive TPB, and a grab bag of two signed hardcovers, two paperbacks, and some ebook. At the time I did not read carefully and though I got to choose the extra books and didn't realize the truth until literally last week. Oh well, I figured I'd get a bunch of copies of stuff I already had and flip them on eBay, hopefully recouping what I spent on the whole package.

Well my books arrived yesterday, and my grab bag books were TPBs of Wolf Hunt 2 and Like a Dead Man Walking, neither of which I had, a hardcover of Wine and Rank Poison by Allyson Bird, which I do have, a the Gauntlet Press edition of It Came From Outer Space by Ray Bradbury, which is just fucking awesome.
              Congrats. Those Bradbury Gauntlet editions are just terrific, chock full of interesting extras.

Comment

Yeah, not bad at all! Congrats on a good grab!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  For fans of classic fantastical fiction, I just received this, one of the cooler new acquistions I've received for some time...very, very excited and pleased to have this one (and, no, I have no idea who Ted Hikty (sp?) is), especially at the price bought. 1st ed. HC, NF/NF, Shasta, 1951.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19062[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19063[/ATTACH]
                  What a find! Good for you. I love old books!

Comment

IMG_0722.jpg
                    Picked this neat print up today. Grabbed it as I walked in, Japanese Ghosts and Demons, come on lol!

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Pretty neat...that floating demon head looks like something Lee Brown Coye might've dreamed up.

Comment

I'm super excited because I finally managed to get a copy of the Charnel House edition of The New Neighbor. I'll post some photos when it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                            I'm super excited because I finally managed to get a copy of the Charnel House edition of The New Neighbor. I'll post some photos when it arrives.
                            Congratulations. Funny, I almost picked up a copy of that myself a short while back...saw a copy on eBay for just $59, and 1). I like Garton, 2). I like THE NEW NEIGHBOR, and 3). I've always admired Charnel House for what must be decades and yet have never bought a volume of theirs. And I think it was illustrated by J.K. Potter, who I also like. I kind of cheaped out, though, and figured I already had the CD reprint of THE NEW NEIGHBOR, so I didn't need to upgrade to the deluxe 1st Charnel House edition. In hindsight, that was a pretty silly decision.

Comment

Can't for the life of me decide if I want to make THE VAMPIRE TAPESTRY by Suzy McKee Charnas -- now up for order -- my newest Latest Purchase or not...it's by an author I've never read, I'm burnt out on vampires nearly as much as zombies, and it's a spendy book at a bad time, given that a discretionary budget + Christmas don't mix. On the other hand, it's Centipede so will undoubtedly be a fine production, and it's supposed to be a great read.

Decisions, decisions...at only 150 copies, I'd probably better hurry up and decide, though.

EDIT: ...aannd it just went up $25. :-(
                              Last edited by RonClinton; 12-19-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

If you follow the link on the newsletter it is still listed at the $150 price.

I don't know if that helps your decision-making dilemma though...

Comment

Working...
                                X