No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've actually been reading a Tartarus press book recently, Aickman's Sub Rosa. Simple but elegant design, very well made. I'd like to explore more, maybe pick up the E.T.A. Hoffman book.

Comment

Those Halloween folk-art paintings are terrific...thanks for posting 'em.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I tracked down a copy of The Loney because of one Richard Chizmar's recommendation. The book - story wise was quite enjoyable - and presentation was pretty good too. No frills presentation - signed/numbered limitation page and a ribbon bookmark.

Originally posted by Theli View Post
        I've actually been reading a Tartarus press book recently, Aickman's Sub Rosa. Simple but elegant design, very well made. I'd like to explore more, maybe pick up the E.T.A. Hoffman book.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Those Halloween folk-art paintings are terrific...thanks for posting 'em.
          Thanks Ron!

Comment

I will try to get pictures up this weekend but I received The Babadook book today. It is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              I tracked down a copy of The Loney because of one Richard Chizmar's recommendation. The book - story wise was quite enjoyable - and presentation was pretty good too. No frills presentation - signed/numbered limitation page and a ribbon bookmark.
              If that's the Tartarus HC edition, that's going for a pretty penny these days. I heard good things about THE LONEY, so looked into how much the true 1st HC would run (not the later trade HC), and was surprised to see what it was going for. Had to pass at that price.

Comment

I grabbed my copy from Powell's for $80 a while back - yes the Tartarus edition.

I might have to look into its current pricing.

ETA: wow. Abebooks has a copy for almost a cool grand. I'd sell mine in a heartbeat for half that.

If that's the Tartarus HC edition, that's going for a pretty penny these days. I heard good things about THE LONEY, so looked into how much the true 1st HC would run (not the later trade HC), and was surprised to see what it was going for. Had to pass at that price.
                Last edited by TacomaDiver; 11-10-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

$80?? Man, I'll have to consult you the next time I pick stocks for my IRA...you appear to have the golden touch.

Comment

I don't collect for financial returns, but I am shocked to learn that this might be my most valuable book. It is simply by gain percentage.

I'll let you know what book I pick up next!

$80?? Man, I'll have to consult you the next time I pick stocks for my IRA...you appear to have the golden touch.

Comment

This showed up today These are terrible quick shots, but I'm sure you'll all have your own copies soon enough.

DSCN1729.jpg

DSCN1730.jpg

DSCN1731.jpg

Comment

Very nice! Haven't decided fi I want to grab a copy or not. I suppose I should decide soon, since they'll sell out a bit faster than other SK 1st eds. with the smaller print run.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                          This showed up today These are terrible quick shots, but I'm sure you'll all have your own copies soon enough.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19058[/ATTACH]
                          Cool, I hope to have mine by Wednesday when I leave for a vacation at the beach. I doubt it will arrive on time due to the fact I live on the opposite side of the country but you never know.

Comment

My copy arrived today so hopefully yours will be here before you leave.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Cool, I hope to have mine by Wednesday when I leave for a vacation at the beach. I doubt it will arrive on time due to the fact I live on the opposite side of the country but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              My copy arrived today so hopefully yours will be here before you leave.
                              Mine arrived today so it will be vacationing at the coast in a few days! Received my hardbound copy of CD's Joe Hill special.

Comment

Received the new S/L Chizmar collection from Sub Press.

Comment

Working...
                                X