Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slayn666
    replied
    I paid frankly way too much for the Grim Oak Press S/N edition of Shadowed Souls.

All so I can get a copy of their edition of Storm Front later this year.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Great work, guys!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Those look great!!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Not a new purchase - but a new presentation.

At the 2018 and 2019 ECCC, I picked up a bunch of Mouse Guard pins, and over the last couple of years, I've tracked down a bunch of the replica weapons that Sketon Crew did (yes, the same guys that do all the Locke & Key keys . . .) with the intention of figuring out how to display them.

Last year, my wife got me two shadowboxes (birthday I believe,) but I haven't been able to use them since I couldn't figure out how to get all the pieces together.

Well, something clicked yesterday, and now I have two complete shadowboxes full of pins and weapons.

At first everything was going to be on plain white foam board, but then my wife mentioned she has a bunch of patterned paper for card making and other scrap booking needs. We found a pattern that looked like something David Petersen would have drawn himself. Since the paper wasn't large enough to cover the entirety of the foam board, we had to cut it down to size and center it on the foam board.
    IMG_1863.jpg

And then we went through the laborious task of layout, but I think we ended up doing a good job:
    IMG_1865.jpg IMG_1881.jpg

Overall, I think they turned out really well all put together.
    IMG_1867.jpg IMG_1883.jpg
    (Excuse the glare.)

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    The new one by Grady Hendrix just arrived (and given that his tour was cancelled, a bit uncommon that it's a signed example):

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...483548161?s=20

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Nice score -- that book for $50 is a real steal!
    Thanks Ron! When you tell me that I know for sure I got a good deal. It was nice I found a 10% off discount code to bring the total price to just over $50.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Why can I never find deals like this?

/studiously ignores all the lettered editions he's found for <$75

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Nice score -- that book for $50 is a real steal!

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Which book is it?
    I didn't have time to reply to you Ron until just now. This morning turned out to be busier for me than I thought. The book is His Name Was Death by Fredric Brown. My mistake, I see a copy for $135 at Addall and another copy for over $400.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I found a S/L Centipede Press release w. a remarque. I checked on Addall.com and was stunned to see this particular book reselling for well over $200 on the secondary market. I paid just over $50 so I'm thinking I made a big score.

Cap
    Which book is it?

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I found a S/L Centipede Press release w. a remarque. I checked on Addall.com and was stunned to see this particular book reselling for well over $200 on the secondary market. I paid just over $50 so I'm thinking I made a big score.

Cap
    That IS a huge score! Hell, even without a remarque, that price is very low for a Centipede title on the secondary market.

Can you please post photos when you have the book in hand?

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied

Cap

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Muse by James Renner. when I saw this was a novella I wanted it. I probably could have gotten it for even less-I wasn't in the mood to wait a few days to see how the auction I saw wound up. I still got a great deal on Muse.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I still haven't picked up the latest book in that series - the $75 price has been an issue (especially since I still need to order Exhalation from SubPress.) Guess my tax return will be tapped into.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Ron,They are gorgeous and Jerad is also doing slipcases for both sets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X