Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Not a holy grail or anything, but I just bought some new cookware for home. Our current cookware will be 9 years old in January - I'm SURPRISED that this set has last as long as it has, especially considering it's a non-stick set.

This last week I've been obsessing over stainless steel and there's so many options and even more opinions. What to buy?

I just settled on grabbing a set from Misen. Kept stressing about maybe All-Clad, but at more than twice the price, and fairly strong reviews for Misen, I just couldn't do it.

Fingers crossed it works out!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Yeah, Drake. You can tell he is angry at Wagner but also himself, which can be a natural emotion as we get older and look back at our younger selves.....
    That’s really unfortunate to hear. Dave and I had a good deal of communication a few years ago while I was preparing that WFR article, and so it’s sad to hear of his recent (ish?) struggles with Parkinson’s. I’ll certainly need to pick up that article…thanks again for the heads-up.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Drake or KEW? Sad, regardless, really a tragic, tough disease…and, no, that didn’t come up in my interview.
    Yeah, Drake. You can tell he is angry at Wagner but also himself, which can be a natural emotion as we get older and look back at our younger selves.....

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

He mentioned his Parkinson's....
    Drake or KEW? Sad, regardless, really a tragic, tough disease…and, no, that didn’t come up in my interview.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Yes, my Carcosa / KEW feature for Centipede’s WEIRD FICTION REVIEW had a long interview with Drake, and he wasn’t one to mince words.
    He mentioned his Parkinson's....

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Be aware, it is full of sadness. Read the David Drake interview.....
    Yes, my Carcosa / KEW feature for Centipede’s WEIRD FICTION REVIEW had a long interview with Drake, and he wasn’t one to mince words.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Oooo, thanks for the heads-up, will have to add this to my next order…I always need more KEW in my life.
    Be aware, it is full of sadness. Read the David Drake interview.....

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Oooo, thanks for the heads-up, will have to add this to my next order…I always need more KEW in my life.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I don’t know how many Karl Edward Wagner fans are out there but I found this pretty darn interesting. Full of interesting interviews, artwork and information. You can pick it up on Amazon.

Wagner.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Another damn good night!
    Yes, Sir!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Really cool, Jason. Reminds me of a night I once spent in Denver
    Another damn good night!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Really cool, Jason. Reminds me of a night I once spent in Denver

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats on the reading and signing. I have enjoyed the handful I've been to over the years.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    That looks like a fun event and great night…congrats on some cool inscriptions.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    While not a recent purchase, I did get some neat things today.

I believe it was last week when I found out that Stephen Graham Jones (and Paul Trembaly) were both in Telluride for a horror fest, and while looking up what that event is (and how far Telluride was) I discovered that SGJ was going to be in Fort Collins at their library's annual Book Fest.

While not super familiar with SGJ, I am at least aware of him, and have three of his books (and two SST editions) so a book signing was in order.

His talk was really interesting. He spent about 5 or 6 minutes reading from his latest book, My Heart is a Chainsaw, and then answering questions from the moderator, on-line, and the audience. I saved my question for the book signing line - who's your most underrated 80s hair metal band?
    IMG_6142.jpg

You can watch his panel on the website here - right now at least, it's video 4 of 8.

Here are some pictures of his inscriptions to the three books I brought:
    IMG_6149.jpg
    Jason - thanks for Kings of the Sun

(This was a band I mentioned to him as being an underrated 80s hair metal band.)

IMG_6150.jpg
    Jason - when you look into the elk, the elk looks back into you.

IMG_6151.jpg
    Jason - allow me to introduce you to Jade Daniels ...

It was a fun way to spend a few hours on a Saturday. Plus I got to visit a brewery I hadn't been to before - WeldWerks - and bought some delicious beers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X