No announcement yet.

Subterranean Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody grab any of the dinged copies from this morning’s announcement? I sure would’ve wanted to grab STATION ELEVEN, but being on the West Coast I don’t see their 5AM (PST) announcements until hours after everybody on the East Coast has already had a shot at them. Wish they’d change that practice, but it seems to be the time they prefer, unfortunately.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Anybody grab any of the dinged copies from this morning’s announcement? I sure would’ve wanted to grab STATION ELEVEN, but being on the West Coast I don’t see their 5AM (PST) announcements until hours after everybody on the East Coast has already had a shot at them. Wish they’d change that practice, but it seems to be the time they prefer, unfortunately.
      I passed Ron, because oddly enough, I got a copy of Station 11 in a garb bag a couple of years ago.

Comment

Let me know if you ever want to offer it up for trade on something else… it had never really been a priority item before, but now that I missed it on the sale when I wish I hadn’t, of course now it has a desirable air about it. Go figure.

Comment

Let me know if you ever want to offer it up for trade on something else… it had never really been a priority item before, but now that I missed it on the sale when I wish I hadn’t, of course now it has a desirable air about it. Go figure.
          Sure, You have Dune coming in right??? HAHAH!!!

Comment

I did go over to Pickman's Press, as Bill suggested. I ended up ordering Reassuring Tales By T.E.D. Klein and The Averoigne Legacy. "Over two dozen new stories and poems set in Clark Ashton Smith’s world of Averoigne. Revisit Vyônes and Périgon, meet Luc le Chaudronnier and Azédarac once again, as tales of harpies and vampires, ogres and giants, changelings and cockatrices await you!". Looked interesting. I had some coupons and picked them up from Amazon, pretty reasonably.

Comment

I was surprised to see that one pop back up. I snagged a dinged copy several years ago. Thing took forever to sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I was surprised to see that one pop back up. I snagged a dinged copy several years ago. Thing took forever to sell out.
                Maybe I’ll be lucky and I’ll get a third shot at the ring in some future Dinged sale. One can always hope.

Comment

I saw a post on FB about this and thought I would share it over here. Lovecraft Country S/L. Lettered is gone.

https://subterraneanpress.com/lovecr...jSrisYKc6O8suI
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

To be honest I have never heard of this book or author before. Apparently it is pretty popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      To be honest I have never heard of this book or author before. Apparently it is pretty popular.
                      HBO did a series last year that was very popular. Guessing that has a lot to do with the current buzz.

Comment

Yep. That is what someone else said. I rarely buy things from Sub Press but I thought $175.00 for a 256 page book seemed a bit much. Again, I will state, I am having trouble coming to terms with the new price point of collectable books. If this becomes the norm my collecting days will be basically over.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

HBO did a series last year that was very popular. Guessing that has a lot to do with the current buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          Yep. That is what someone else said. I rarely buy things from Sub Press but I thought $175.00 for a 256 page book seemed a bit much. Again, I will state, I am having trouble coming to terms with the new price point of collectable books. If this becomes the norm my collecting days will be basically over.

I did watch one episode of the show and was intrigued but am passing on the book. Ordered a new TV last week and need to resist temptations a for a bit.

Comment

I'd read 'Lovecraft Country' when it first came out and liked it a lot - though I thought it started stronger than it ended. With the David Palumbo art, this was a pretty easy 'yes' for me - though the $175 price point does seem high, given the length.

Comment

I had forgotten about the Ruff book, but saw the email when I checked email at around 9:20, and they were copies still available. I weakened and went ahead and ordered a copy. I knew I would regret it if I didn’t, and I do think that this might help welcome me back into pulp fiction, a niche that I got burnt out on, but I’m thinking this modern approach will act as a affective gateway to finding the love for it again. This’ll be my first reading of Ruff’s book, but I’ve heard good things about it.

Comment

I read Lovecraft Country years back and absolutely loved it. It touches upon several different genres across its stories and each one is tackled skillfully.

Had it been published decades ago, it could have been a classic. It even touches upon the topic of racism very well, though I know it loses some points with folks due to it having been written by a white author.

Price point seems a bit high, but Subterranean has been upping their game with their recent releases and this one seems to be another one of those deluxe treatments. I'm looking forward to this one, to say the least!

Comment

Working...
                                X