No announcement yet.

Subterranean Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very excited by today's SubPress offering: The Senior Girls Bayonet Drill Team and Other Stories.  Anytime a new Lansdale story collection is announced I am over the moon!  Purchased my copy immediately!

Comment

More Lansdale is always a good thing.

Since I was there, I also picked up Caitlin Kiernan's Bradbury Weather collection, and placed my super secret pre-order of The Daughter of Doctor Moreau from Silvia Moreno-Garcia.

Those three books pretty much blow my book budget for the month. Unsure of what Suntup will announce this week, but I hope it's something I can live without.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        More Lansdale is always a good thing.

Since I was there, I also picked up Caitlin Kiernan's Bradbury Weather collection, and placed my super secret pre-order of The Daughter of Doctor Moreau from Silvia Moreno-Garcia.

Those three books pretty much blow my book budget for the month. Unsure of what Suntup will announce this week, but I hope it's something I can live without.
        That's funny! My wallet feels the same way about this week's Suntup announcement.

Comment

I was tempted to get Lividian's newest offering, but they didn't do a pay later option and I couldn't justify that cost today.

Very interested (and scared) about Suntup's offer tomorrow. I'll find out in about 12 hours I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            I was tempted to get Lividian's newest offering, but they didn't do a pay later option and I couldn't justify that cost today.

Very interested (and scared) about Suntup's offer tomorrow. I'll find out in about 12 hours I guess.
            Thankfully, today's Suntup wasn't a must for me; so, I decided to roll the dice on the Lividian title. As a side note, I do wish Lividian had a cheaper shipping option. For me, the cheapest option was $24 bucks, (I am in the US).

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Thankfully, today's Suntup wasn't a must for me; so, I decided to roll the dice on the Lividian title. As a side note, I do wish Lividian had a cheaper shipping option. For me, the cheapest option was $24 bucks, (I am in the US).
              I'm in NJ and only paid $12.45 for USPS Priority Mail for the Lividian book.

Comment

Any other US Pacific Time Zone-Dwellers noticing Subpress recently sending their newsletters out at the mercifully-appreciated time of around 9;00 am? I may actually have a chance now at some of the things I never did before. Neat, and thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                  Any other US Pacific Time Zone-Dwellers noticing Subpress recently sending their newsletters out at the mercifully-appreciated time of around 9;00 am? I may actually have a chance now at some of the things I never did before. Neat, and thanks!
                  I did receive their email today at 9am; however, I received their Monday email at 5am. Not sure why there's a discrepancy but would imagine it stays at the East coast time. Much like yourself, as a PT person, I wish they would move their emails & announcements to later in the day. It sucks having to get up that early to try and catch a pre-order link that may sell-out quickly or when they have their annual sale.

Comment

FYI. Bill is posting a few extra copies of random things and announcing them over on FB.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Two interesting announcements today: A new "God of the Razor" novella by Lansdale, entitled The Unlikely Affair of the Crawling Razor and then also Time Out by Michael Marshall Smith. Both of these are calling my name, but I'm trying to be better in 2024 with my purchases. Anyone else pull the trigger on either one or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        Two interesting announcements today: A new "God of the Razor" novella by Lansdale, entitled The Unlikely Affair of the Crawling Razor and then also Time Out by Michael Marshall Smith. Both of these are calling my name, but I'm trying to be better in 2024 with my purchases. Anyone else pull the trigger on either one or both?
                        I'm going to; the only question is whether I do it now and wait until publication (or use Camelot). I suspect they'll both linger, so will probably wait for publication. I'm also trying to be much more discerning with my purchases, but I'm a big fan of both authors and both works sound absolutely fantastic.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          You took the words out of my mouth! Would love to have both, especially the Lansdale, but am also trying to be choosier with my purchases in 2024, if I can stay disciplined. Assuming that it doesn't sell out, perhaps I can grab a copy at a later date.

Comment

Anyone planning to pick-up the version of Joe Hill's "Late Returns" that SubPress will be releasing soon? It's very nice looking but will probably be a pass for me. I have the SubPress LE of Full Throttle which already contains that story and is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                              Anyone planning to pick-up the version of Joe Hill's "Late Returns" that SubPress will be releasing soon? It's very nice looking but will probably be a pass for me. I have the SubPress LE of Full Throttle which already contains that story and is good enough for me.
                              Not me. These days I'm all about avoiding variant editions of the same book, and I have the HC of FULL THROTTLE as well (though mine is the signed and numbered Goldsboro / Gollancz UK HC...wish I had the Sub Press HC, though), so have no need for this one, as enticing as the FV art is. Same for the standalone limited of FAWN. 
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Well, Sub Press has now made Late Returns available to the public, which, in my opinion, means that demand did not meet expectations. I'm wondering if a lot of Joe Hill collectors don't see this as "essential" due to it's inclusion in Full Throttle. I'm sure that the high price point of $175 didn't help. Does anybody remember when that was price point would have been for the lettered edition?! I'm a lukewarm Hill fan--I loved Heart Shaped Box, almost but not quite hated Horns and found 20th Century Ghosts to be a mixed bag; I have NOS4A2 in the queue somewhere so that might be the tie-breaker--so I'm not in the running for this even if it had been at a cheaper price point.

Comment

Working...
                                X