Subterranean Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post

I picked one up. Wasn't hugely happy with the pricing, even with the extra stories included - but liked the art choices they made. Wish they were a little more specific about what oversized meant.
    Yeah, I wish it would have been priced a bit lower myself, especially with there being a Suntup announcement this week. Am guessing the higher price is due to the lower than normal print run.

Comment

Anyone ever have SubPress cancel an order and not provide any explanation?

On Friday, I ordered two books - Delightfully Deadly (for my wife) and Day Zero for me.

On Saturday, I emailed them to request matching numbers, and then this morning, I get an order cancellation notice from PayPal for Day Zero. I emailed SubPress first thing, and never heard anything. Neither book is sold out, and none were part of some secret preorder period either.

Bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        Anyone ever have SubPress cancel an order and not provide any explanation?

On Friday, I ordered two books - Delightfully Deadly (for my wife) and Day Zero for me.

On Saturday, I emailed them to request matching numbers, and then this morning, I get an order cancellation notice from PayPal for Day Zero. I emailed SubPress first thing, and never heard anything. Neither book is sold out, and none were part of some secret preorder period either.

Bizarre.
        I have never had that happen before.

Comment

Did you check you spam to see if there was a reply from them about your request. the reply may have come from a different email address than the order,.
          I've had very good customer service from.
          You may want to send them another email asking them what happened..
          From the description for both books there is a preorder limitation only for the lettered edition.

One time I forgot to order a preorder on a series I was collecting from them, by the time I saw the email sent to all subscribers, the book was sold out,
          I contacted them and they were able to get my matching number in the series.
          At the time they said they normally held back the previously ordered numbers in a series for a week or so after the book was announced.to all subscribers in case some one missed the initial preorder..

Comment

Anybody pick up some of the 50% off titles that were offered? I finally broke down and picked up Lansdale’s FISHING FOR DINOSAURS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Anybody pick up some of the 50% off titles that were offered? I finally broke down and picked up Lansdale’s FISHING FOR DINOSAURS.
              I almost picked up the Lansdale, but there just wasn’t enough original content, I had most of the collection in other editions. I did pick up two Lawrence Block titles and the Harry Turtledove alternate-history collection…took kind of a flyer on the latter. I’m kind of surprised I haven’t seen a shipping notice yet, though…they’re usually pretty speedy on the turnaround.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Bought four of them, two Block's, David Brin and Harry Turtledove. That was last week and sent Bill an email about a shipping notice. He said they would ship this week.

Comment

Passed, spending too much money elsewhere LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I almost picked up the Lansdale, but there just wasn’t enough original content, I had most of the collection in other editions. I did pick up two Lawrence Block titles and the Harry Turtledove alternate-history collection…took kind of a flyer on the latter. I’m kind of surprised I haven’t seen a shipping notice yet, though…they’re usually pretty speedy on the turnaround.
                    I originally passed on the Lansdake for the same reason, but since then I sold off my Dark Regions edition of Prisoner 489 (just getting out of the DRP collecting business) and I missed out on Black Hat Jack when it was announced separately, so this worked for me, especially at that price point.

I almost picked up the Block books, but passed due to budgetary concerns. I’ve never read Block and need to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
                      Bought four of them, two Block's, David Brin and Harry Turtledove. That was last week and sent Bill an email about a shipping notice. He said they would ship this week.
                      You and Ron are making me think I made the wrong choice passing on the Block titles. The Scudder collection really interested me.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Passed, spending too much money elsewhere LOL!!
                        You have a much stronger will than I!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

You have a much stronger will than I!
                          Or a skinnier wallet LOL!!!

Comment

LOL.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Or a skinnier wallet LOL!!!
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
                              . That was last week and sent Bill an email about a shipping notice. He said they would ship this week.
                              Good to know — I was curious, so thanks for that update.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Got the Scudder collection and a couple of the Best Of titles coming my way. Got a shipping notice too, so it's just a dramatic Media Mail shipment away!

Comment

Working...
                                X