No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He missed one: I recall a newsletter (?) mention of a MotWT volume of Joseph Payne Brennan. As a huge JPB fan, that mention was burned on my memory, and I hope each week it’ll be up for order…so far, no luck, but I’ll be there for a copy when it is.

On a related note, I’m kind of surprised to see signed/#d copies of the Hallahan novel still available for order more than 24 hours after offering. Feels like it’s been a while since each offering is an almost instant sell-out.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

That's got to be at least a solid decade's worth of releases if 75%+ end up happening.

Comment

I've almost bought this twice since the newsletter. Think I'm passing but I will regret it later. I hadn't read this book but sounds like something I would get a kick out of.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

On a related note, I’m kind of surprised to see signed/#d copies of the Hallahan novel still available for order more than 24 hours after offering. Feels like it’s been a while since each offering is an almost instant sell-out.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
          That's got to be at least a solid decade's worth of releases if 75%+ end up happening.
          Somebody else pointed out that CP does about 25 books a year, so yes, it will be a long and winding road lol!! Push, Jerad always drops a few surprise titles, so we will see.

Comment

The new signed Masters of the Weird Tale sold out fast! I went to the website right after getting the newsletter at 830 and it was gone. Reason number one why I like being a subscriber.

Anybody familiar with Grabinksi’s work?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              The new signed Masters of the Weird Tale sold out fast! I went to the website right after getting the newsletter at 830 and it was gone. Reason number one why I like being a subscriber.

Anybody familiar with Grabinksi’s work?
              I have the Ash Tree collection, and decided that was adequate for me. Been mulling this one over for the last week, but am content with my decision…mostly. He’s quite good, so it was a difficult choice to make.

Comment

Thanks, Ron. Your “he’s quite good” makes me feel better about adding this to the collection. I like buying books by authors I’m unfamiliar with, but a $300 price tag for such an author gives me pause.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Thanks, Ron. Your “he’s quite good” makes me feel better about adding this to the collection. I like buying books by authors I’m unfamiliar with, but a $300 price tag for such an author gives me pause.
                  His work is indeed quite good, but is, for me, rather difficult to describe, just as they’re not easy reads to digest nor, sometimes, understand. Often oblique, his paranoiac fever dreams focus on the inevitability of doom and hopelessness on the surrealist hostilities and manifestations of psyche his characters battle. It’s esoteric and of a rather decadent European flavor, and my current mood just couldn’t abide 700 pages of that right now. I know I’ll kick myself in a few years, though…fortunately I still have Ash Tree’s HC of THE MOTION DEMON to help soothe the loss.

Comment

I really wish Jerad did Library of Weird Fiction titles for each of the Master of the Weird Tale releases.

I know that sort of takes away from the extravagance of the MotWT titles, but I love having the smaller and more affordable volumes.

I passed on today's title, but I'll still have to check the author out.

Comment

I wish those unsigned copies would hurry up and sell out…I’ve visited the page at least a half-dozen times since this morning, and each time I feel my resolve weakening. If the discount was more than ten bucks, or now $285, maybe something closer to $200 or $225, I’d probably spring for a copy, figuring I’d certainly read it at some point down the road.

Comment

I bought a signed copy this morning. Though I've yet to read Grabinski, I've always meant to, and figure this will be the right way to do it. Can't wait, as this sounds right up my Weird, Bleak alley.

Comment

Had been receiving the newsletter every week, this week no newsletter, and not in spam either.

Comment

Same. I keep looking and hope they sell out soon. LOL.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            I wish those unsigned copies would hurry up and sell out…I’ve visited the page at least a half-dozen times since this morning, and each time I feel my resolve weakening. If the discount was more than ten bucks, or now $285, maybe something closer to $200 or $225, I’d probably spring for a copy, figuring I’d certainly read it at some point down the road.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                              Had been receiving the newsletter every week, this week no newsletter, and not in spam either.
                              I'd reach out to Jerad at Centipede. See if he can find out anything on his end.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                                I really wish Jerad did Library of Weird Fiction titles for each of the Master of the Weird Tale releases.

I know that sort of takes away from the extravagance of the MotWT titles, but I love having the smaller and more affordable volumes.

I passed on today's title, but I'll still have to check the author out.
                                I'm a fan of both the MotWT and Library of Weird Fiction series. I do like the more affordable editions and I'm glad that he's doing those, especially since he's opened it up to including titles that haven't been in the MotWT series with his Bram Stoker volume. I do have a fondness for the MotWT series, though. This huge slipcased editions are just so nice. I have to be honest, though. This newest one will be the sixth entry I own in the series and I haven't read a single one yet. Some of this is just due to have to reading these at home because it's not like you can easily through these in the backpack to read while sitting on the beach.

Comment

Working...
                                X