Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I'll post more in the Purchases thread, but the other day my copy of Ender's Way arrived and it's beautiful. Matches Ender's Gamer perfectly. While I don't buy a lot from Centipede, they may be my favorite publisher.
    IMG_4854.jpg
    I do not know the stories but i love the art! Congratulations.
    Last edited by Martin; 04-19-2021, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      I'll post more in the Purchases thread, but the other day my copy of Ender's Way arrived and it's beautiful. Matches Ender's Game perfectly. While I don't buy a lot from Centipede, they may be my favorite publisher.
      IMG_4854.jpg
      Love the artwork. Centipede books are always so unique in their artwork.

Comment

Does anybody own the book club edition of TWO HANDED ENGINE by Henry Kuttner? Is it worth picking up? I don't think I'll ever track down a copy of the signed limited edition, or afford it if I did. The last copy I saw went for $10,000.

And does anybody know the overlap of content between ENGINE and the Kuttner MASTERS OF THE WEIRD TALE volume?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          Does anybody own the book club edition of TWO HANDED ENGINE by Henry Kuttner? Is it worth picking up? I don't think I'll ever track down a copy of the signed limited edition, or afford it if I did. The last copy I saw went for $10,000.

And does anybody know the overlap of content between ENGINE and the Kuttner MASTERS OF THE WEIRD TALE volume?
          I did own it, but no longer do. I never did read it (nor compare the TOCs to other Kuttner volumes, so have no idea, unfortunately, how it compares to the MoTW volume). It seemed, though -- as I recall, but it's been a while -- about as well-constructed as any bookclub edition, which isn't saying much, as we all know, and that generous page-count didn't do the cheaply bound spine any favors. It's a decent shelf-filler in place of the original ($10K? Really? Yikes!), if found cheaply enough. I can't recall what I got for mine, but I suspect it was probably less than what it's demanding now. EDIT: Just checked ABE, and it looks like around $50 is the going rate...high for a bookclub edition, obviously, but better than $10K...
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks, Ron. I keep waffling on picking up the BCE. I'll probably pass as I think I'll just be disappointed with the quality. As far as the $10K price, if I remember correctly this was on Camelot and has now sold. Now, granted, Camelot almost always skews to the higher end of the pricing scale, so in the wilds of eBay who knows what it would go for. Even at a fifth of that price, I'd be out of the running.

Comment

Thanks, Ron. I keep waffling on picking up the BCE. I'll probably pass as I think I'll just be disappointed with the quality. As far as the $10K price, if I remember correctly this was on Camelot and has now sold. Now, granted, Camelot almost always skews to the higher end of the pricing scale, so in the wilds of eBay who knows what it would go for. Even at a fifth of that price, I'd be out of the running.
              Unless it's more the Centipede angle than the Kuttner one, did you pick up the three (thus far) large Kuttner volumes from Haffner Press? Now *those* were worth the $50 (each)!

Comment

I love Haffner, they produce amazing books.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                  I love Haffner, they produce amazing books.
                  So do I. They’ve slowed down in recent years, but hoping to still see more Fredric Brown and the new Robert Bloch collection they have scheduled.

Comment

Anyone pick up a copy of Dark Star?

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Unless it's more the Centipede angle than the Kuttner one, did you pick up the three (thus far) large Kuttner volumes from Haffner Press? Now *those* were worth the $50 (each)!
                      Thanks for the heads up about Haffner. I completely forgot about them. I was eyeing their Frederic Brown books at one point but never got around to picking them up. Looks like the first volume of The Early Kuttner is sold out (and kinda pricey on ABE). I'm going to keep digging around though.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                        I did. It checks all kinds of boxes for me: John Carpenter connection? Check. Alan Dean Foster? Check. Usual Centipede Press quality? Check.

I have no idea when I'm going to get around to reading it, though...

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                          Yep, and I in fact featured pics of it this morning on Twitter as today’s Showcase Book:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...303565316?s=21

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about Haffner. I completely forgot about them. I was eyeing their Frederic Brown books at one point but never got around to picking them up. Looks like the first volume of The Early Kuttner is sold out (and kinda pricey on ABE). I'm going to keep digging around though.
                            I did pre-order a copy of Haffner's The Complete John the Balladeer. I'm a sucker for those Wellman titles. I also have the Nightshade set. One of the best they did, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I did pre-order a copy of Haffner's The Complete John the Balladeer. I'm a sucker for those Wellman titles. I also have the Nightshade set. One of the best they did, I think.
                              I was eye-balling that set as well. I’ve only read one or two of the John the Balladeer stories, but I remember liking them.

Comment

I did. It checks all kinds of boxes for me: John Carpenter connection? Check. Alan Dean Foster? Check. Usual Centipede Press quality? Check.

I have no idea when I'm going to get around to reading it, though...
                                I think it's a great looking book especially for the price!

Comment

Working...
                                X