Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Hmm, that's odd.

Did your computer autocorrect his name to Jared, perhaps? That's the only thing I can think of.

I emailed him this past weekend and got a reply without any issues.
    It didn't autocorrect, and the first time I actually replied to an email he sent me. Strange. I'm sure I'll get the book because Jerad is a good guy running a fantastic press, but I want to make sure there isn't a problem.

Comment

Some good items on the Scratch and Dent page, including unsigned copies of Something Wicked.

http://www.centipedepress.com/scratchanddents.html

Comment

So today I had quite the adventure.

I just got back from visiting with Jerad at Centipede Press's Official Headquarters.

We chatted for maybe an hour, and I got a really quick tour of the operations.

I met up with him to get a copy of a book that I ordered that got lost in the post office, and in the before times, we did chat about getting together for a beer.

I won't spoil anything about his operations since I don't think I have permission to, but it was a really interesting afternoon and he's a pretty cool guy.

We're hoping that one day we'll be able to do it again and make it official - I'd love to be able to interview him, take some pictures, and just document his stories.

Comment

Long ago and far away Mindy and Crew talked about doing a dinner meet up and tour of CD. I hope they are able to do that one day!!

Comment

Very cool, TD...like many of us, I’m sure, I wish I’d been there with you, would be fascinating to get a peek behind the proverbial curtain.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Just a heads up! Unsigned Something Wicked this Way Comes!
              http://www.centipedepress.com/scratc...ArqZDGRKwbDjEU

Comment

Ender's Way is on its way! I got the secret pre-order link from Jerad this morning. The price point came in at $250 which I told him was a nice surprise since it seems other publishers have been increasing their prices lately (I'm looking at you SubPress and your $175 for the Murderbot novel . . .)

Speaker of the Dead is delayed a few weeks which is fine - gives me time to recover from dropping $500 on Murderbot and Ender this morning.

Comment

I found the secret pre-order link from Jerad, I wasn't expecting it until Sunday when I receive the CP newsletter. I pounced immediately and got the Cornell Woolrich short story collection-Vol. 3 and Waltz Into Darkness. ~Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    Speaker of the Dead is delayed a few weeks which is fine - gives me time to recover from dropping $500 on Murderbot and Ender this morning.
                    I have a strong suspicion that, for a new series, Bill only pursues a contract for the first book, waiting to gauge if it's worthwhile to lock down the other books based on how quickly the first sells out. Which, of course, gives the author and primary publisher an opportunity to raise their prices since the SubPress edition sold out in minutes.

Obviously this doesn't apply to the times when Bill publishes a whole series in one shot.

Comment

So a red Roman numeral edition of Salem’s Lot sold for $15,000 on Camelot Books today. They posted a link in their home page and it was gone. It always blows my mind when books sell for these prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        So a red Roman numeral edition of Salem’s Lot sold for $15,000 on Camelot Books today. They posted a link in their home page and it was gone. It always blows my mind when books sell for these prices.
                        Damn! That's 15 Blood Meridians!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          I think Kris Webster bought it. For those who don't know hi, he runs the Sunup fan page on Facebook, and has an incredible SK collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I think Kris Webster bought it. For those who don't know hi, he runs the Sunup fan page on Facebook, and has an incredible SK collection.
                            Correct, Kris bought it. I talked with him last night. It's been his holy grail for a while. Congrats Kris.

Mulleins
                            I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post

Correct, Kris bought it. I talked with him last night. It's been his holy grail for a while. Congrats Kris.

Mulleins
                              I don’t know Kris, but congratulations to him nonetheless. Cool to know that it went to someone who will love it as it’s his holy grail and all.

Comment

I'll post more in the Purchases thread, but the other day my copy of Ender's Way arrived and it's beautiful. Matches Ender's Game perfectly. While I don't buy a lot from Centipede, they may be my favorite publisher.
                                IMG_4854.jpg
                                Last edited by TacomaDiver; 04-17-2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X