No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back when Jerad first announced the Dune books, I sent an email letting him know I was only interested in a signed copy of Dune, and not the rest of the series. He seemed fine with that. I guess I'll find out in April.

Dune is finally, finally, finally! heading to the printer next week. Preflight, color checks, galley checks, etc., will take some time. But we are good to go! So if you can let me know that you want me to reserve a copy.
    It would also be good to know if you’re willing to settle for an unsigned copy should all of the signed ones sell out. And, finally, it is very important to know if you will be wanting the remaining books in the series (which will take some time to publish; they definitely won’t be coming all at once), or if you just want the first Dune.

Comment

I opted not to do that because I didn't want to create an "orphan" set and since it's not signed by the author, the signatures are not that important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
        Wow, Ron- I'm very intrigued! I "won" bragging rights on twitter when I successfully deduced your inaugural column on Dark Harvest, but, on this one, frankly- I'm stumped! Can't wait. You really do a wonderful job on these, and I really appreciate the work that goes into them.
        Very kind of you to say, Ron — thank you.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

For those not on Facebook (or not in the Centipede Group), here's a FAQ prepared by one of the members that is in pretty regular contact with Jerad:

This is updated FAQ list regarding the upcoming release.
          1. Dune will be published Q2 with Dune Messiah coming December 2021. All Binderies are behind and struggling with labor shortages so please be patient and understanding.
          2. Preorders will start mid-April at the earliest so its perfect time to chill and have a drink while waiting.
          3. There will be 500 signed copies and 300 unsigned. Price around $600 but subject to change. Unsigned might be less depending on how fancy the slipcase is.
          4. If you are inquiring just now, you are not guaranteed to get signed or unsigned edition but you will be added to the cancellation list
          5. Please email Jerad - [email protected] - with your name and address adding "Dune Wait List" in subject line. This part is important as chances are by then some of the folks will change their mind and spots will open up.
          6. You dont have to buy Book 2 and future installments but you will lose your number if you sell Book One on secondary market.
          7. All people on the main list (and list after that one) will be notified via email with a pre-order link when its time.
          8. About the edition. It will have 14 full color, hand-tipped interior illustrations, plus two illustrations in the front matter, and full-color, illustrated endsheets, and a fold-out map. The introduction is by Michael Swanwick, the artwork by Mark Molnar, and an afterword by Brian Herbert. 500 copies will be signed by all three, with a facsimile signature by Frank Herbert. Each book is printed on Mohawk Superfine and is enclosed in a capped slipcase.

Comment

My personal favorite:
            1. Preorders will start mid-April at the earliest so its perfect time to chill and have a drink while waiting.
            Unchecked FOMO is a dangerous thing even for us, the usually even-keeled book collectors.

Comment

PUNKTOWN sold out pretty fast this morning. These stories have been on my list for years to check out. These might jump to the top of the TBR pile.

Comment

I’ve always been curious about them, so am looking forward to seeing what all the acclaim is about.

Comment

Does anyone else impulsively buy the bundles even though they already own the other title/titles?

I already own the signed edition of Live Girls (still need to unbox it though) and yet I couldn't help but buy Punktown with an unsigned copy of Live Girls.

$25 for a Centipede Press reading copy was too good of a deal at the time!

And this is why I'm poor...

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                    Does anyone else impulsively buy the bundles even though they already own the other title/titles?

I already own the signed edition of Live Girls (still need to unbox it though) and yet I couldn't help but buy Punktown with an unsigned copy of Live Girls.

$25 for a Centipede Press reading copy was too good of a deal at the time!

And this is why I'm poor...
                    I was really tempted, but I already have the signed/#d LIVE GIRLS from CD -- not even the Centipede S/L edition -- and that was enough for me. I just don't have enough shelf space for duplicates of titles -- in fact, I'm at the point now of absolute critical mass, where if one book comes in my 4000-book collection, one has to go out, which is why I passed on the Centipede numbered ed. -- so no matter how attractive that $25 unsigned trade was (and it even had two bonus stories!), I had to pass. I regret it, of course, and will continue to regret it, but I have to set the red line somewhere, and duplicates are where I've drawn it.

I've spent today looking at the bookcase that holds R though V (authors' last names, alphabetized), wondering with puzzlement and anxiety what five volumes I'm going to have to pull out and sell to make room for the two Tremblays from Thunderstorm that I just read, and the three incoming Centipede PUNKTOWN volumes from Thomas. One volume is agonizing enough...but five??

And that's why I don't do duplicates...

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I was really tempted, but I already have the signed/#d LIVE GIRLS from CD -- not even the Centipede S/L edition -- and that was enough for me. I just don't have enough shelf space for duplicates of titles -- in fact, I'm at the point now of absolute critical mass, where if one book comes in my 4000-book collection, one has to go out, which is why I passed on the Centipede numbered ed. -- so no matter how attractive that $25 unsigned trade was (and it even had two bonus stories!), I had to pass. I regret it, of course, and will continue to regret it, but I have to set the red line somewhere, and duplicates are where I've drawn it.

I've spent today looking at the bookcase that holds R though V (authors' last names, alphabetized), wondering with puzzlement and anxiety what five volumes I'm going to have to pull out and sell to make room for the two Tremblays from Thunderstorm that I just read, and the three incoming Centipede PUNKTOWN volumes from Thomas. One volume is agonizing enough...but five??

And that's why I don't do duplicates...
                      That makes sense. I haven't reached critical mass yet and fear the day that I eventually do.

If I may ask, how large are your bookcases? With 4000 books, I can't imagine a single bookcase being able to hold whatever stake R through V holds.

And if you're doing a one-for-one swap, then I hope that the funds from your sales manage to pay for future book purchases in a self-fulfilling cycle.

Comment

I hope everyone that wanted the Punktown set was able to get one, they're starting to show up on Ebay for an eye-popping $600+ per set. And at least one has already sold at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          I hope everyone that wanted the Punktown set was able to get one, they're starting to show up on Ebay for an eye-popping $600+ per set. And at least one has already sold at that price.
                          Scalping at it's best or worst lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

That makes sense. I haven't reached critical mass yet and fear the day that I eventually do.

If I may ask, how large are your bookcases? With 4000 books, I can't imagine a single bookcase being able to hold whatever stake R through V holds.

And if you're doing a one-for-one swap, then I hope that the funds from your sales manage to pay for future book purchases in a self-fulfilling cycle.
                            On the last point, I hope so, too...but it never seems to work that way. I'm bringing the desirable stuff in and taking the less desirable stuff out, so the give-and-take never seems to balance out. Ah well.

R.e. the bookcases, I have 20 bookcases of varying sizes (3-shelf to 7-shelf) now, but the one in question is in my office...and the bookcases in my office -- with the exception of two bookcases -- hold only my non-crime, non-anthology, hardcover-only volumes). So once you start qualifying like that what can actually go in that particular bookcase, the R - V authors (though, to be fair, it's mostly R - T) fit just fine in their full-size, six-shelf case.

Comment

Is anybody aware of anything going on at Centipede? I tried emailing Jerad to check on my copy of Something Wicked, and I got 2 emails returned as undeliverable, even though one was a reply to the last email he sent me, and the other I sent after copying and pasting from the address again from the website. Is there another way to contact Jared?

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
                                Is anybody aware of anything going on at Centipede? I tried emailing Jerad to check on my copy of Something Wicked, and I got 2 emails returned as undeliverable, even though one was a reply to the last email he sent me, and the other I sent after copying and pasting from the address again from the website. Is there another way to contact Jared?
                                Hmm, that's odd.

Did your computer autocorrect his name to Jared, perhaps? That's the only thing I can think of.

I emailed him this past weekend and got a reply without any issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X