Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three things:

1). Here are some pics of the McPartland, if anyone is on the fence: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...316441088?s=20

2). People are getting shipment notices from Jerad? Is this something unique to SOMETHING WICKED, as I've never received a shipment notice from Centipede before (and I haven't yet for this one, either)...

3). Speaking of Bradbury, Bradbury fans should check my Showcase Book on Twitter tomorrow (Friday)...finally had a Holy Grail received. It's an ARC, yes, but with copies of the numbered HC now $800-plus – often, it seems, close to $1,000 -- there was no way this volume was ever going to be mine. But now...now with this ARC, I at last have a copy of it on my shelf, and as such in my eyes it's every bit as glorious in text and design as its "real" brother. Just thrilled beyond words. A correct guess today gives you street cred tomorrow.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I and Joe Lansdale think it's his best work. I'm sure you know it's an updated collection of his first stories published by Arkham House, Dark Carnival 1947. October Country was published in 1955 and to quote Lansdale, "But the October Country was, and is, his finest hour. Had he written only this one volume of stories, his place in the archives library of the darkly fantastic would have been assured. And his disciples no less numerous." Horror: 100 Best Books. I totally agree. I have the Gauntlet 40th anniversary edition (1997). Dennis Etchison wrote the introduction and Robert McCammon the Afterward. It's signed by All three. You can still find surprisingly affordable copies still floating around. However, I would love to see Jeard give it the Centipede treatment. Treat Yo Self Martin LOL!!!
      I have come close to adding this to my Audible library a few times. I may still do that.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Three things:

1). Here are some pics of the McPartland, if anyone is on the fence: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...316441088?s=20

2). People are getting shipment notices from Jerad? Is this something unique to SOMETHING WICKED, as I've never received a shipment notice from Centipede before (and I haven't yet for this one, either)...

3). Speaking of Bradbury, Bradbury fans should check my Showcase Book on Twitter tomorrow (Friday)...finally had a Holy Grail received. It's an ARC, yes, but with copies of the numbered HC now $800-plus – often, it seems, close to $1,000 -- there was no way this volume was ever going to be mine. But now...now with this ARC, I at last have a copy of it on my shelf, and as such in my eyes it's every bit as glorious in text and design as its "real" brother. Just thrilled beyond words. A correct guess today gives you street cred tomorrow.
        I should have said Invoice...Somebody on another site got a stick up their butt because I said invoice, so I'm trying to keep the world happy lol. from now on Shipping notice/Invoice HAHHA!!!

Comment

I should have said Invoice...Somebody on another site got a stick up their butt because I said invoice, so I'm trying to keep the world happy lol. from now on Shipping notice/Invoice HAHHA!!!
          I do not buy directly from Centipede to remember that they do not send shipping notices. Maybe mine is in the first batch after all. I am confused about the invoice. Does Centipede allow for payment when the book is ready to ship? Just wondering as I paid when I ordered in September. I prefer paying when ordering but am curious.

Comment

I'm still confused, but then again that's not highly unusual -- I don't receive shipping notices or invoices or anything from Centipede...I order on a given Sunday morning, I pay at the time that order, I receive my book a short while later. There's no midpoint paperwork.

EDIT: Thinking about it a bit more...Mike, do you have a Lifetime Subscriber program (or whatever it's called) in place...? That might explain why you see invoices shortly before shipment while I do not.
            Last edited by RonClinton; 11-19-2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I'm still confused, but then again that's not highly unusual -- I don't receive shipping notices or invoices or anything from Centipede...I order on a given Sunday morning, I pay at the time that order, I receive my book a short while later. There's no midpoint paperwork.

EDIT: Thinking about it a bit more...Mike, do you have a Lifetime Subscriber program (or whatever it's called) in place...? That might explain why you see invoices shortly before shipment while I do not.
              I do, I'm # 96.

Comment

I do, I'm # 96.
                Okay, now that makes sense.

Speaking of notices, God knows I love Centipede and find very little to fault them on, but if there was anything* I would criticize them on it's not providing tracking info on deliveries, like CD and Sub Press and many others do. Especially since many of their items are high-end, the last thing I want is a Centipede package sitting exposed outside all day and luring porch pirates. If I know a valuable book is coming -- like SOMETHING WICKED -- I'd prefer to keep an eye on its route to my home so I can be sure to greet it the moment it hits my porch.

* Well, that, and I wish the Sunday morning newsletter was sent at a couple hours later on Sunday morning, so we West Coasters don't have to get up at 6:30am - 7am to read it in case we need to leap on an offering. 9am PST, 12pm EST...that has always seemed like the perfect hour to satisfy both coasts.

Comment

Speaking of notices, God knows I love Centipede and find very little to fault them on, but if there was anything* I would criticize them on it's not providing tracking info on deliveries, like CD and Sub Press and many others do. Especially since many of their items are high-end, the last thing I want is a Centipede package sitting exposed outside all day and luring porch pirates. If I know a valuable book is coming -- like SOMETHING WICKED -- I'd prefer to keep an eye on its route to my home so I can be sure to greet it the moment it hits my porch.

* Well, that, and I wish the Sunday morning newsletter was sent at a couple hours later on Sunday morning, so we West Coasters don't have to get up at 6:30am - 7am to read it in case we need to leap on an offering. 9am PST, 12pm EST...that has always seemed like the perfect hour to satisfy both coasts.
                  With the Something Wicked shipments being spread out about a month this will be interesting.

Comment

Somebody got upset because you said “invoice”? I mean, that’s what it is. Subscribers get sent a bill when their books ship...and then all our money goes away. It’s not like it’s a big secret. Seems kinda silly.

Comment

I do, I'm # 96.
                      I’m #67...so I’m hoping mine ships soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Somebody got upset because you said “invoice”? I mean, that’s what it is. Subscribers get sent a bill when their books ship...and then all our money goes away. It’s not like it’s a big secret. Seems kinda silly.
                        It's the internet. Everything you type will offend someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

It's the internet. Everything you type will offend someone.
                          Bro you are so right LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

An invoice killed my dog and broke up my marriage. From that day onward, I vowed revenge against all invoices.

A girl scout once gave me an invoice for some cookies, but all I saw was a reminder of my failures.

Every time I lay my head down to rest, I dare not close my eyes. For behind my lids all I see are invoices. Evil. Evil. Invoices.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

An invoice killed my dog and broke up my marriage. From that day onward, I vowed revenge against all invoices.

A girl scout once gave me an invoice for some cookies, but all I saw was a reminder of my failures.

Every time I lay my head down to rest, I dare not close my eyes. For behind my lids all I see are invoices. Evil. Evil. Invoices.
                              At least you have a valid reason for your rage.

Comment

While I don't get shipping notices from CP, they are sent with tracking and they show up on my Informed Delivery.

Comment

Working...
                                X