No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, that's pretty odd. I've sent Jerad an email, will let everyone know what he says r.e. the missed newsletter and the who/what/why of its missed arrival for so many.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Okay, that's pretty odd. I've sent Jerad an email, will let everyone know what he says r.e. the missed newsletter and the who/what/why of its missed arrival for so many.
      Thanks. I didn’t get one either this week

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
        Screenshots attached!
        Thank you!
        I collect the newsletters and had lost this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I too did not get a newsletter today. I actually thought Centipede did not send out newsletters every week as it is not uncommon for me to not get one. Since May I have not received a newsletter several times:
          May 3rd.
          May 24th
          June 14th
          June 28th
          July 12th
          August 2nd
          Since clearly one went out today I assume they have some tiered distribution.
          I also didn't receive a newsletter on any of those dates.

Comment

Jerad indicates that those who received yesterday's newsletter did so in error...he sent it out earlier than he'd intended. Sounds like he must send them out on Sunday in batches, so the lucky few in the first batch saw it, but once Jerad realized his mistake the rest of us did not get that chance. I directly addressed the new opt-in issue mentioned earlier, and that's not accurate...my suspicion is that poster perhaps read something about having to opt-in to get on an early alert list for a specific title, an offer that Jerad sometimes makes for titles that will have large demand.

Oh, and...

Speaking of Centipede, last week I turned in the final proofs for my latest "Collecting the Modern Macabre" feature for this winter's issue of Centipede's Weird Fiction Review, and I think a lot of people will dig it. It's even longer than my last feature (r.e. Karl Edward Wagner's Carcosa publishing imprint) and arguably more relevant to modern collectors. As a teaser, this time around I focus on a specific book, not a publishing house like previous features on Carcosa and Dark Harvest.

Comment

Ron, I loved your Carcosa article!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                Ron, I loved your Carcosa article!
                Thanks, Mike, appreciate the kind words.

Comment

Got my invoice for FALLING ANGEL/ANGEL'S INFERNO! Come on, media mail, you can do it!

Comment

I keep thinking that I can play in the Centipede aftermarket game. Titles come up on eBay and I throw in what I think are pretty good bids and just get smoked by the competition. Case in point, recently an UNSIGNED copy of THE MAN WHO MADE MODELS came up for auction. Threw in my bid, thinking this would go for around $200-$250. I was clearly had no idea what I was talking about because that bad boy went for $662! Dear lord!

Comment

I saw somewhere that the new Falling Angel set went for $750.00, Good Lord!!

Comment

That’s crazy! There’s usually a half dozen or so titles from Centipede that one can pick up relatively cheap. Almost everything else tends to start the steep climb (or skyrocket in FALLING ANGEL/ANGEL’S INFERNO’s case) and hardly ever comes down. I saw an Algernon Blackwood Library of Weird Fiction go for around $130 and it was MISSING the dust jacket.

I keep searching for those good deals but they are few and far between.

Comment

Centipede is hard on the secondary market. I guess it's possible to get lucky...But not me LOL! That's why if I think I'm going to want it, I jump early!!

Comment

Yeah, trying to gather up missed Centipede titles on the aftermarket is a game for people with more disposable income for their hobbies than I have. There was a batch of early mystery titles that came up on eBay a week or two ago and I'd hope to add one or two to my collection as I unfortunately missed a number of those (Goodis, Fisher, et al), but they all went for at least twice what I was willing to pay. I may not always enjoy the high price tags that Centipede titles have at initial offering, but I'm all-too aware that it only gets worse from there, so if there's a title I'm interested in I know that's really the only serious shot I'll ever have at it.

Comment

Yeah, trying to gather up missed Centipede titles on the aftermarket is a game for people with more disposable income for their hobbies than I have. There was a batch of early mystery titles that came up on eBay a week or two ago and I'd hope to add one or two to my collection as I unfortunately missed a number of those (Goodis, Fisher, et al), but they all went for at least twice what I was willing to pay. I may not always enjoy the high price tags that Centipede titles have at initial offering, but I'm all-too aware that it only gets worse from there, so if there's a title I'm interested in I know that's really the only serious shot I'll ever have at it.
                              I think I know if the auctions you are speaking of. I was keeping a very close eye on them as well. I remember years ago Camelot Books had a copy of The Hot Spot for less than $75. I should have picked it up when I had the chance. Alas, that’s when I first starting collecting limited editions and I still thought that CD’s prices were on the high end and NOBODY could ever afford lettered editions, because who has that kind of discretionary income to spend on books. Oh, how naive I was...

i agree with picking books up on initial offering. Its too costly to play the “wait and see” game with Centipede.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I think I know if the auctions you are speaking of. I was keeping a very close eye on them as well. I remember years ago Camelot Books had a copy of The Hot Spot for less than $75. I should have picked it up when I had the chance. Alas, that’s when I first starting collecting limited editions and I still thought that CD’s prices were on the high end and NOBODY could ever afford lettered editions, because who has that kind of discretionary income to spend on books. Oh, how naive I was...

i agree with picking books up on initial offering. Its too costly to play the “wait and see” game with Centipede.
                                Worse...I remember that same Camelot copy, and also passed, for whatever reason. It was $45 and remained unsold for some time.

I ended up picking up a copy of it later for more, of course, but thank God not the $450'ish it went for at last week's auction.

Comment

Working...
                                X