Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goathunter View Post

That's because there was no lettered edition. A few years ago, presumably somebody at River City decided to use letters on the remaining (?) stock, probably to try to justify asking higher prices. But there was no lettered state when the limited was produced.
    Hey! You must have been reading my mind while I was typing my last post! Thanks for the info. That situation seems rather misleading on River City's part. Don't understand that thinking at all and would definitely turn me off from buying any books from them since they don't seem to understand the market at all.

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
      Now only Mystery Walk and Mine remain to get the limited treatment, hopefully from Lividian. Also would eventually like a better limited for Speaks the Nightbird, a nice Lividian limited and lettered. That crappy River City limited does not fit with all the other limited Corbett books.
      Â
      I thought the same thing about Mystery Walk and Mine when I heard about this announcement. I haven't read Mine yet (though I picked up secondhand paperback about 8+ years ago), but I've always been a fan of Mystery Walk. Hoping that more limiteds do happen. Truth be told, I've been holding off on Lividian titles as the budget has been really tight this last year with all the various releases and something had to give. This announcement is definitely going to be hard to pass on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Hey! You must have been reading my mind while I was typing my last post! Thanks for the info. That situation seems rather misleading on River City's part. Don't understand that thinking at all and would definitely turn me off from buying any books from them since they don't seem to understand the market at all.
        Well, right after those "lettered" editions appeared, River City Publishing fell off the face of the earth. There were 52 copies apparently, lettered A thru ZZ. And yes, they were charging a hefty premium for them over the numbered price. Perhaps it was a desperate cash grab from a publisher that was going under.
        Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 04-05-2023, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I expanded my post while you were typing this, if you want more details.

Comment

I was happy to be able to get my matching letter E until the book arrived. Speaks was published more than 20 years ago, is there a typical amount of time the rights will hold for? If River City no longer exists, then once Leviathan is published, let's circle back to the beginning and do Speaks the right way!

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
              I was happy to be able to get my matching letter E until the book arrived. Speaks was published more than 20 years ago, is there a typical amount of time the rights will hold for? If River City no longer exists, then once Leviathan is published, let's circle back to the beginning and do Speaks the right way!
              It all depends on what the contract says, and what happened to the rights that River City had. No one seems to know.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post

I expanded my post while you were typing this, if you want more details.
                Thanks for the further info. The whole thing just sounds like a mess. And I agree: 5000 copies would be way too high. It's crazy that there is no idea how many books were produced.

Comment

Received an ARC of Lividian's next book, if anyone is interested! It'll be officially announced in May.

https://youtu.be/wvFHrt2VLUo

Comment

I am very excited for this one! I've been bugging Brian about this book and now it's about to happen. He made my week. Brian James Freeman Thank you.

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                    Received an ARC of Lividian's next book, if anyone is interested! It'll be officially announced in May.

https://youtu.be/wvFHrt2VLUo
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Holy Moly!  Lividian just made my day with their announcement.  Hope I can snag copies of each title as I believe I purchased the previous titles via SubPress and am not a Patreon subscriber.  Hopefully, it will have a good print run to allow for that.  I will be checking first thing each day to be safe!  So excited for these books!

Comment

We have a very busy year planned for Lividian Publications, and I thought it might be helpful if I posted a schedule for the next three announcements and who would receive first shot at ordering these books. (For those who don't want to read the full update, it features lots of Robert McCammon books: GONE SOUTH, THE BORDER, THE KING OF SHADOWS, THE LISTENER, and SEVEN SHADES OF EVIL.)

Here is the link:

https://lividian.com/lividian-public...april-and-may/

There are four or five other books that should also be here before the end of the year, but I'll announce them closer to their ship dates.

Thank you!

Best,
                        Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                          Holy Moly! Lividian just made my day with their announcement. Hope I can snag copies of each title as I believe I purchased the previous titles via SubPress and am not a Patreon subscriber. Hopefully, it will have a good print run to allow for that. I will be checking first thing each day to be safe! So excited for these books!
                          Subterranean Press and our other regular retailers will be getting copies as well!

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Was there an official Lividian email about all the above today? If so- I'm having problems again.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                              Was there an official Lividian email about all the above today? If so- I'm having problems again.
                              I didn’t receive one, either, Ron, so I assume there was no mass email…unless we’re both having newsletter issues again.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I didn’t receive one, either, Ron, so I assume there was no mass email…unless we’re both having newsletter issues again.
                                I heard about it via the Robert McCammon Newsletter/email that was sent out today.

Comment

Working...
                                X