Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I’m in as well. I’ve been meaning to get around to reading this one for years after perusing it at a bookshop once. I ordered through CD since I had store credit built up. The design looks great!

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Ordered. This has been an expensive week.
    Same, and same! I ordered right away. I've wanted to read this, and this looks like the nicest way to do so. It's a tad pricey, yes, but, looks very nice for the scratch. If it were literally $5 more- I'd back off. Weird, I know, but- Brian figured out the right price point, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I ordered this one from Camelot!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I will make a decision on Suntups latest offering tonight so it may become an expensive week for me as well. The good news is that I will be getting this one through my pre-paid Patreon account so I do not have to worry about buying it.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    Pre order placed. I have not read this book but I like the descriptions that I have read about it. It looks to be another great production from Lividian.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I wasn't a particular fan of the Greek chorus device in the book, but it's otherwise a great read of sorrow and regret and learning to move on as individuals and as a family under the weight of both. O'Nan is terrific, and the production values of this one look great...will definitely be giving this one serious consideration.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Hey, Brian. Camelot isn't listed as one of the retailers in the newsletter but they do have it in their newsletter.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Pre-order complete. Looks like it will be a great production.

Love the cutout on the slipcase and like the artwork.
    Agreed!!! It sounds like a great read!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Pre-order complete. Looks like it will be a great production.

Love the cutout on the slipcase and like the artwork.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Lividian Publications is pleased to announce our deluxe signed and slipcased Limited Edition hardcover of The Night Country by Stewart O’Nan, which we’re offering as a “Preorder Only Limited Edition,” meaning the orders received between October 9 and October 31 will set the print run!

This deluxe special edition is being lavishly crafted with collectors and readers alike in mind. Exclusive to our slipcased Limited Edition is a “lost” introduction by the author and a new afterword by Paul Tremblay, plus eleven original black and white illustrations and a beautiful full-color wrap-around dust jacket painting by François Vaillancourt:

https://lividian.com/store/the-night-country-limited-edition/​​​​​​​

Great choice! Would love to see more from O'Nan. Songs for the Missing or The Speed Queen would fit right in with what Lividian is putting out!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Lividian Publications is pleased to announce our deluxe signed and slipcased Limited Edition hardcover of The Night Country by Stewart O’Nan, which we’re offering as a “Preorder Only Limited Edition,” meaning the orders received between October 9 and October 31 will set the print run!

This deluxe special edition is being lavishly crafted with collectors and readers alike in mind. Exclusive to our slipcased Limited Edition is a “lost” introduction by the author and a new afterword by Paul Tremblay, plus eleven original black and white illustrations and a beautiful full-color wrap-around dust jacket painting by François Vaillancourt:

https://lividian.com/store/the-night-country-limited-edition/​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thank you for the replies. It's appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    I started this comment and then got pulled away... but I'll still be copying my answer from the DT board even though it's already been done!

I wish I could say it means something awesome in Latin or ancient Greek, but Lividian was just one of the names for a bad guy in a book I wrote in high school.

I always liked the name, and when I needed something for the press that started with "L" (to keep the logo the same), it popped into my head again. I still liked the "ring" of the name, and the domain name Lividian.com was available (I've always wanted a shorter domain name), so I decided it was a sign to make the change.

As to how I pronounce it, here's a little audio example:

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Okay. Hopefully this can be put over here. I don't visit that site and will not click on it.

I appreciate the link though.

Here is Brian's post:

I wish I could say it means something awesome in Latin or ancient Greek, but Lividian was just one of the names for a bad guy in a book I wrote in high school.

I always liked the name, and when I needed something for the press that started with "L" (to keep the logo the same), it popped into my head again. I still liked the "ring" of the name, and the domain name Lividian.com was available (I've always wanted a shorter domain name), so I decided it was a sign to make the change.

Brian

Leave a comment:

Working...
X