No announcement yet.

SST Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shouldn't feel this way anymore, but I just keep getting surprised by SST. They've had solid announcements for quite awhile now, but they just keep on killing it. What I really like about what they're doing is the sets. Whether its the four volume Lansdale short story set, the Tremblay books, and now the four Grady Hendrix books, I like the way these are lining up on my shelf. The price points are still SO attractive and the books readable. Looking forward to getting these books in my hands!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Good to see a lot of people are scooping up the bundle option.
      Yeah, the bundle was kind of a no-brainer for me. I normally get my SST volumes through Camelot, but with that bundle price I just couldn't resist. Shipping stung a bit though.

Comment

I’ll likely regret it, so reserve the right to change my mind, but I’m going to just stick with my signed trade HC 1sts of all four books. Quirk Books, his trade publisher, did a nice job with his books — some cool design features — so I’m going to say that’s good enough.

Probably.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Good to see a lot of people are scooping up the bundle option.
          I haven't read the guy yet either but I was so impressed with the production of Gwendy's Magic Feather that I had to have this set.

Comment

"My Best Friend's Exorcism" is one of my favorite books of the last ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
              "My Best Friend's Exorcism" is one of my favorite books of the last ten years.
              The ebook is awesome. Tons of extra stuff. The only thing that would make this set even better is if it included Paperbacks From Hell. I’ve been really impressed with Grady Hendrix.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

The ebook is awesome. Tons of extra stuff. The only thing that would make this set even better is if it included Paperbacks From Hell. I’ve been really impressed with Grady Hendrix.
                I would have like Paperbacks from Hell as well. I assume that the amount of art would have made it cost prohibitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I would have like Paperbacks from Hell as well. I assume that the amount of art would have made it cost prohibitive.
                  Or maybe because of Valencourt books publishing the PFH series it was not doable at this time

Comment

It looks like this one should be showing up on our doorsteps before too long.

Westlake Soul.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                      Great news -- looking forward to this one.

And speaking of SST...I've complimented Paul before, but need to do it again. I'm currently reading SST's S/L HC edition Paul Tremblay's GROWING THINGS AND OTHER STORIES, and it's just a pleasure. The quality of the fiction aside, the font is comfortable and the page margins are easy on the eyes, the proofreading seems top-notch (save for one absent original-copyright notice), the color and weight of paper stock is warm and substantial (but not too much on either point), and so on...Paul really knows how to deliver a very pleasant and satisfying reading experience, and is right up there with Subterranean and Centipede in that basic regard, which is very impressive, given that SST has only been around for a comparatively short while.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Westlake Soul.jpg
                        This is great news. One of my favorite books. Really can't wait to get this in my grubby little hands

Comment

Yessssss!

Comment

Westlake Soul.jpg
                            Got my shipping notification today. Very excited to add this to my collection. Such a great book.

Comment

I have too many books to read next! I'm gonna finish Touch the Night and then read Neuromancer and then this? The Silence? Behind Her Eyes? WHAT?

Comment

I have too many books to read next! I'm gonna finish Touch the Night and then read Neuromancer and then this? The Silence? Behind Her Eyes? WHAT?
                                WESTLAKE SOUL has my vote. THE SILENCE is still in my TBR and I love Tim Lebbon's work and I very much enjoyed BEHIND HER EYES (that's the type of book that you wish were a movie so you could sit in the audience and watch everyone's reactions as the story unfolds), but WESTLAKE SOUL was such a good pleasant surprise that I want everyone to read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X