X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just received my copy of Daphne from SST. Turned out great as usual. Don't know how Paul can keep churning out awesome books at this price point, but my wallet thanks him!
    Was there any bonus material in that one? I wasn't a fan of the novel itself, so I skipped it. But I'm always curious in bonus material.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my copy of Daphne from SST. Turned out great as usual. Don't know how Paul can keep churning out awesome books at this price point, but my wallet thanks him!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I am trying to find a SST edition of The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay at a decent price. So far, I'm having no luck locating one at an affordable price. Steve
    I don’t know what your idea of “affordable” is, but I suspect you’ll continue to have difficulty locating one for anything under a couple hundred bucks. I recently picked one up for slightly under that and consider myself relatively fortunate. The SST edition of CABIN is by far more expensive on the secondary market than any of his others, save for A HEADFUL OF GHOSTS.

As an alternative, if you just want a signed hardcover, I’m selling a like-new signed 2nd-printing trade HC on eBay at the moment…current bid is fifty bucks.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    I am trying to find a SST edition of The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay at a decent price. So far, I'm having no luck locating one at an affordable price. Steve

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

My copy arrived on Wednesday - I don't even remember getting a shipping notice, but even if I did, SST's deliveries are always a surprise since there's no reliable tracking.

It's a nice edition - no surprise.
    Just received my copy! It looks great, especially at that price point! Glad to continue my SST Malerman set. Hopefully, I can give Inspection a reread sometime soon. I only generally remember the plot/book. I also may be mixing-up some of that plot/book with SK's "The Institute" which I read around the same time.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Just got my shipping notice for Inspection! Happy to see that it is on the way. I passed on the pricier Earthling edition due to already having this pre-ordered and wanting to maintain the SST set.
    My copy arrived on Wednesday - I don't even remember getting a shipping notice, but even if I did, SST's deliveries are always a surprise since there's no reliable tracking.

It's a nice edition - no surprise.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

Congrats, Ron! Those SST Tremblay's do look amazing all together on the shelf.
    Thanks -- am showcasing it w/ pics tomorrow on Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just got my shipping notice for Inspection! Happy to see that it is on the way. I passed on the pricier Earthling edition due to already having this pre-ordered and wanting to maintain the SST set.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Happy to say that very shortly after this message I was able to snag a copy of SST's CABIN...very pleased to finally upgrade my signed trade HC of that book.
    Congrats, Ron! Those SST Tremblay's do look amazing all together on the shelf.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

EDIT 2: Btw, if a complete set isn't a concern anymore, please keep me in mind for the SST editions of both DISAPPEARANCE and CABIN. I piecemealed my Tremblay collection with SST and a couple trade HC 1sts, and would be very pleased to have it all SST (save for PALLBEARER'S...no surprise, I won't be going for that one).
    Happy to say that very shortly after this message I was able to snag a copy of SST's CABIN...very pleased to finally upgrade my signed trade HC of that book.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    This is the only Tremblay book I have read and I really hated it. I thought it was weak, a little disjointed, and not a sharp story at all.

I finished it so there is that. Plenty of books are a DNF so he surpassed those.

I don't see you list SURVIVOR SONG among the books you own...if you need a new Tremblay read, I would recommend that one far, far more than PALLBEARER'S CLUB.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I ordered it because I have all of the others. I haven't read it so I don't have an opinion

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Anybody want to knock me off the fence in either direction in regards to Tremblay's The Pallbearer's Club? Tremblay as been hit-or-miss for me as I really like A Head Full of Ghosts, but was underwhelmed and rather bored by Disappearance at Devil's Rock. I was running with a matching numbered set through Camelot, having also picked up Cabin and Growing Things, but passed on the Sleep books because I already owned the Thunderstorm editions, so a complete set isn't necessarily a thing for me anymore.
    It's the only Tremblay book I haven't cared for, and, in fact, it was essentially a DNF, as I lightly skimmed the last half or third, just to see if anything might change my mind...and it didn't. Up to that point, I'd enjoyed every Tremblay book I'd read (and had read them all)...sure, some more than others (and DISAPPEARANCE AT DEVIL'S ROCK was my least favorite up to that point), just as with any author, but all were finished and appreciated. Somewhere around here I left a short review with my thoughts at the time, so I won't repeat them here (and, honestly, it was such a surprisingly disappointing experience that I've tried to forget about it, and have been generally successful, so can't give you a detailed reason anymore why I didn't care for it). I don't see you list SURVIVOR SONG among the books you own...if you need a new Tremblay read, I would recommend that one far, far more than PALLBEARER'S CLUB.

EDIT: Just did a search, and I can't find my short review on it. Weird. Maybe I posted it somewhere else, I don't know.

EDIT 2: Btw, if a complete set isn't a concern anymore, please keep me in mind for the SST editions of both DISAPPEARANCE and CABIN. I piecemealed my Tremblay collection with SST and a couple trade HC 1sts, and would be very pleased to have it all SST (save for PALLBEARER'S...no surprise, I won't be going for that one).
    Last edited by RonClinton; 07-21-2023, 10:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

I pre-ordered it from SST but haven't actually read the novel yet. From what I've seen from some reviews, it seems like a polarizing book. That being said, the premise seemed interesting to me and Tremblay has earned enough goodwill from me to chance it.
    The polarization of reader reviews is what got me. It's his lowest rated book on Goodreads. I don't treat review sites as gospel because individual tastes vary, but it didn't help me out too much. Most reviews complain that the book is boring, but that's hard to quantify. If you're going into a movie expecting Guardians of the Galaxy but get Interstellar you might be bored. It's not because Interstellar is necessarily bad, just not what you anticipated.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Anybody want to knock me off the fence in either direction in regards to Tremblay's The Pallbearer's Club? Tremblay as been hit-or-miss for me as I really like A Head Full of Ghosts, but was underwhelmed and rather bored by Disappearance at Devil's Rock. I was running with a matching numbered set through Camelot, having also picked up Cabin and Growing Things, but passed on the Sleep books because I already owned the Thunderstorm editions, so a complete set isn't necessarily a thing for me anymore.
    I pre-ordered it from SST but haven't actually read the novel yet. From what I've seen from some reviews, it seems like a polarizing book. That being said, the premise seemed interesting to me and Tremblay has earned enough goodwill from me to chance it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X