Clear All

No surprise here. The Handmaid's Tale:

https://suntup.press/the-handmaids-tale
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      No surprise here. The Handmaid's Tale:

https://suntup.press/the-handmaids-tale
      Looks like it is selling fairly quickly. If you want a copy, you might want to order it soon. Easy pass for me, and for that, my wallet is thankful!!!

Comment

Down to 406 copies of the artist edition. Always glad to see Paul's press selling well. Good guy and I really get a kick that some of his staff comes from another forum group I used to participate in.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Looks like it is selling fairly quickly. If you want a copy, you might want to order it soon. Easy pass for me, and for that, my wallet is thankful!!!
        Last edited by Ben Staad; 01-13-2022, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I was actually unable to add the book to my cart. Sent a note to Suntup and they had it resolved extremely quickly!

Comment

Sold my Butcher Boy with rights so today feels really weird to me...

Very nice looking numbered edition. Not a huge fan of that lettered edition though. Looks chintzy to me, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
              Sold my Butcher Boy with rights so today feels really weird to me...

Very nice looking numbered edition. Not a huge fan of that lettered edition though. Looks chintzy to me, personally.
              This is one that I prefer the look of the Limited over the Lettered.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I'm sure the glue/material used to secure the Scrabble tiles is really strong, but I can't help but picture those falling off... :-/

Comment

I agree and I've seen that sentiment echoed by several folks at this point. 'Blood Meridian' may fall into that category for me as well - we'll see see how the production copies of the numbered edition turn out.

Edited to add - as an aside - Folio Society has Atwood's 'Oryx and Crake' on sale currently, which I prefer to 'The Handmaid's Tale'. The design on the FS edition is a little divisive, but it works ok for me.
                  Last edited by JeremyM; 01-13-2022, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post

I agree and I've seen that sentiment echoed by several folks at this point. 'Blood Meridian' may fall into that category for me as well - we'll see see how the production copies of the numbered edition turn out.
                    Let the Right One In and 1984 are two others that I think are better looking numbered editions.

​​​​​​

Comment

I hadn't heard of this before and it sounds really interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post
                      Edited to add - as an aside - Folio Society has Atwood's 'Oryx and Crake' on sale currently, which I prefer to 'The Handmaid's Tale'. The design on the FS edition is a little divisive, but it works ok for me.

Comment

Agreed. The numbered is stunningly gorgeous, the lettered significantly less so. That said, I passed on all editions of this title.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I can't decide whether to buy the numbered or let it go. I'd never read the book, so I grabbed a copy after work and I'm 70% into it (kindle). I do like it, but do I really want a $750 copy? Well, I have until Saturday to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                            I can't decide whether to buy the numbered or let it go. I'd never read the book, so I grabbed a copy after work and I'm 70% into it (kindle). I do like it, but do I really want a $750 copy? Well, I have until Saturday to decide.
                            Don't be a fool like me. You can easily sell the title and keep your number.
                            Last edited by Splync; 01-14-2022, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Don't be a fool like me. You can easily sell the title and keep your number.
                              You're right. I wasn't looking to make money on it, so I put it up for $900 including shipping. It sold in literally less than 30 seconds. Cost to me was $779, so by the time I pay to ship it again, I might come out ahead by $80 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

You're right. I wasn't looking to make money on it, so I put it up for $900 including shipping. It sold in literally less than 30 seconds. Cost to me was $779, so by the time I pay to ship it again, I might come out ahead by $80 or so.
                                Congrats on the quick sale!

Comment

Working...
                                X