Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Based on eBay prices, that unsigned DUNE of yours, Jeff, can be your easy ticket to a lettered BUTCHER BOY. Who knows, that “Noah Mitchell” might even be up for a straight-across trade, to make it even easier.
    I hadn't even considered that! But I'm at least going to read DUNE before I decide to part with it.

Comment

Suntup aftermarket sales have been softening lately, so who knows, The Butcher Boy lettered may drop below issue price too. Noah has been selling some nice editions at a loss, but considering the sunk costs of his library, it's probably not a big deal to him.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I wish I had the gumption for a little fraud.
        If you can't get up the gumption contract it out to your son!

Comment

Based on eBay prices, that unsigned DUNE of yours, Jeff, can be your easy ticket to a lettered BUTCHER BOY. Who knows, that “Noah Mitchell” might even be up for a straight-across trade, to make it even easier.
          Dune Unsigned Edition: $1500. Just saw this on FB Collectors group.

Comment

Looks like Suntup just sent out their next announcement schedule. Gotta say that I don't have a freaking clue as to what any of the upcoming books may be. Would love to hear any guesses from the forum...

1) One of the most important 20th century works of speculative fiction, this masterfully written tale explores a broad range of issues relating to power, gender and religious politics.

2) Originally rejected by several publishers, this novel became an instant success upon its publication following the Second World War. The author is considered one of the most influential novelists of all time, and this fable is one of his finest works.

3) Though published only a few years ago, this fast-paced science-fiction novel would have been considered one of the best books of any year… or, any reality.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              Looks like Suntup just sent out their next announcement schedule. Gotta say that I don't have a freaking clue as to what any of the upcoming books may be. Would love to hear any guesses from the forum...

1) One of the most important 20th century works of speculative fiction, this masterfully written tale explores a broad range of issues relating to power, gender and religious politics.

2) Originally rejected by several publishers, this novel became an instant success upon its publication following the Second World War. The author is considered one of the most influential novelists of all time, and this fable is one of his finest works.Animal Farm?

3) Though published only a few years ago, this fast-paced science-fiction novel would have been considered one of the best books of any year… or, any reality.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Could #1 be Atwood’s THE HANDMAID’S TALE?
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Could #1 be Atwood’s THE HANDMAID’S TALE?
                  Oh, I'd love that! Could #3 be The Martian?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Oh, I'd love that! Could #3 be The Martian?
                    I was thinking The Martian for #3 as well.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

I was thinking The Martian for #3 as well.
                      Someone also suggested Dark Matter.

Comment

I think #3 is Dark Matter - didn't Paul have to push one of the Fall/Winter announcements back? I feel like I've seen that hint before.

Comment

The hint for #3 mentions “any reality”, which would rule out THE MARTIAN but definitely include DARK MATTER.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                            I think #3 is Dark Matter - didn't Paul have to push one of the Fall/Winter announcements back? I feel like I've seen that hint before.
                            I believe you are correct.

Comment

If #1 is THE HANDMAID'S TALE, #2 is ANIMAL FARM, and #3 is DARK MATTER (though someone suggested READY PLAYER ONE, which also fits), then in a obverse way I'm pleased as I won't need a copy of any of the three. Funny how, with the way the limited game has in some quarters become so spendy these days, the lack of a required purchase is almost -- okay, granted, almost -- as exciting as the anticipation of a desired one. I have a signed/numbered Goldsboro HC of DARK MATTER already, and a signed trade HC (indicates a true first on the copyright page, but it's not, it's the latter B&N Black Friday one of a couple years ago) of READY PLAYER ONE, and those are just fine for me. The other two I've no interest in.

I just paid Camelot for my AE copy of THE WOLFEN, and I guess that'll have to carry me through the next quarter.

Comment

Handmaid's Tale, Animal Farm, and Dark Matter looks to be the consensus.

This is likely the quarter where I hop off the numbered train. Was hoping for Hannibal so that I could get the third book as a matching number.

It's going to be a very expensive quarter for Suntup fans, considering there are two letterpress titles.

And even the AE of the February title is letterpress. It'll likely be the first AE to cost more than $200...

Comment

Working...
                                X