No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Dahl. I have a great copy of Folio's Complete Tales of the Unexpected...I'm tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Same here, I have no interest in spending money on this one. Besides, Dune is coming soon!

I am very intrigued with this one. Will it include both 'Charlie' stories? Will it be in graphic novel format? If not. how many illustrations? Who will be the illustrator? What will Paul Suntup's contribution be as this he is signing this?

On the other hand I have zero interest in Dune. I tried to read it in high school and surrendered pretty quickly. I also saw the movie, which was one of the worst films I have ever seen. I enjoy a lot of books I did not like in high school so if I tried again my reaction may be different. Right or wrong, my early exposure has soured me to the story.

Comment

Easy pass for me. Not my jam. Glad that others are excited though.

Comment

Did anyone receive their artist edition of 1984 yet? Excited to see how this one turned out.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Did anyone receive their artist edition of 1984 yet? Excited to see how this one turned out.
            I have received it and it is a beauty. The red foil on the dust jacket looks like it may damage easily so I am not touching it until I get the mylar on it later in the week.

Comment

Excellent. I've already pestered Kim over at Camelot about this and hope they get their copies soon.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have received it and it is a beauty. The red foil on the dust jacket looks like it may damage easily so I am not touching it until I get the mylar on it later in the week.

Comment

Well this one is going fast. $185 for a children’s book is pretty much over the top. Maybe if it included both Charlie books. The design looks great but again not for that price

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  Well this one is going fast. $185 for a children’s book is pretty much over the top. Maybe if it included both Charlie books. The design looks great but again not for that price
                  I am a little surprised that both Charlie books are not included. This look fantastic and I have ordered. At this point I am more excited about the next announcement as I am pretty sure that it will be 'The Collector' by John Fowles. That is a must have for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am a little surprised that both Charlie books are not included. This look fantastic and I have ordered. At this point I am more excited about the next announcement as I am pretty sure that it will be 'The Collector' by John Fowles. That is a must have for me!
                    I order a copy as well, but, I am a little bummed by the pricing. I was hoping it would be cheaper than Blackwater and Imajica considering the size of both of those books compared to this one. I can only assume that the licensing fee for Wonka must be much higher or that some of the cost of that golden ticket giveaway are being passed on.

Out of curiosity, Martin, how did you come to (potentially) guess the next Suntup release? I don't recall there being any teaser info provided in yesterday's facebook live or anywhere else that I have seen. I too would love 'The Collector' by John Fowles to be the next announcement. It is an amazing book and I only have a beat-up mass market copy that I would love to upgrade with a Suntup AGE.

Comment

This is the least interested I've ever been for a Suntup release.The book is not one I cared for and holds zero sentimental value to me. The price point was another shocker.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I order a copy as well, but, I am a little bummed by the pricing. I was hoping it would be cheaper than Blackwater and Imajica considering the size of both of those books compared to this one. I can only assume that the licensing fee for Wonka must be much higher or that some of the cost of that golden ticket giveaway are being passed on.

Out of curiosity, Martin, how did you come to (potentially) guess the next Suntup release? I don't recall there being any teaser info provided in yesterday's facebook live or anywhere else that I have seen. I too would love 'The Collector' by John Fowles to be the next announcement. It is an amazing book and I only have a beat-up mass market copy that I would love to upgrade with a Suntup AGE.
                        I think the price is reflective if the effort put into the production. It is clear that this is a special book to Paul.

On his live feed he stated that the moth included in the Silence Limited was a hint for his next offering. He also mentioned that the hint was a bit obscure for the story and that it already has a limited edition. I mentioned that I hoped it would be The Collector on the TDT forum and Paul responded to another persons guess that they were not correct but that the title had been mentioned. I have the Franklin Library edition and it will be the only limited signed by the author. I really hope I am right, I would love a Suntup production of this book!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                          I order a copy as well, but, I am a little bummed by the pricing. I was hoping it would be cheaper than Blackwater and Imajica considering the size of both of those books compared to this one.
                          Apparently it's in part because it's entirely printed on letterpress. But yeah the price shocked me. I thought 'Blood Meridan' was going to be an outlier in terms of this kind of cost.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post

Apparently it's in part because it's entirely printed on letterpress. But yeah the price shocked me. I thought 'Blood Meridan' was going to be an outlier in terms of this kind of cost.
                            That's good to know. I didn't think the AGE was printed on letterpress as I didn't see mention of that anywhere in the description. I thought only the other states were printed on Letterpress. In the description for the AGE, it mentioned that it is printed offset on archival Cougar Natural. Because of that, I'm very surprised by the price for the AGE.

Comment

ONLY 75 AEs left. If you want one you need to get one now.

Comment

I’m skipping CHARLIE for both the price point and, as Ben said, it holds no particular sentimental value for me, other than I’ve always enjoyed the Gene Wilder movie of it. Plus, while I am a general fan of Dahl’s fiction, I’m not a reader or collector of his — or anyone else’s — children’s fiction, that’s just not a genre path I’m interested in going down, however tempting it may be from time to time. One has to draw the redline somewhere.

I also skipped Lividian’s HEART-SHAPED BOX as I have the S/L of it already. Again: redline. No multiple editions of the same book (save for a very, very select few).

If an upcoming Suntup announcement is THE COLLECTOR, I have the signed limited of that one as well, so the redline kicks in.
                                Last edited by RonClinton; 09-16-2021, 07:42 PM.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X