No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had no clue there was an announcement today, so I completely missed out. Kind of a bummer because I love the art on this one. The lettered edition looks absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Had no clue there was an announcement today, so I completely missed out. Kind of a bummer because I love the art on this one. The lettered edition looks absolutely gorgeous.
      It will probably get lost but I figured I would post it here in case it helps anyone.

Suntup Announcement Schedule Q1 2021:
      January – March 2021
      JANUARY 2021
      Wednesday,January 6th, 2021 Facebook Live
      Thursday,January 7th, 2021 Announcement and Matching Pre-Order
      Saturday,January 9th, 2021 Public Pre-Order

FEBRUARY 2021
      Wednesday,February 3rd, 2021 Facebook Live
      Thursday,February 4th, 2021 Announcement and Matching Pre-Order
      Saturday,February 6th, 2021 Public Pre-Order
      Wednesday,February 24th, 202 Facebook Live
      Thursday,February 25th, 2021 Announcement and Matching Pre-Order
      Saturday,February 27th, 2021 Public Pre-Order

MARCH 2021
      Wednesday,March 17th, 2021 Facebook Live
      Thursday,March 18th, 2021 Announcement and Matching Pre-Order
      Saturday,March 20th, 2021 Public Pre-Order

Comment

Can't wait to see what the next Suntup announcement is going to be! Per the teaser Paul sent out, it was the #1 most requested book from his customer surveys; so, it has to be a pretty prominent book or author. Don't really have any guesses yet. I just hope that it is a book that hasn't had a limited edition treatment yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
          Can't wait to see what the next Suntup announcement is going to be! Per the teaser Paul sent out, it was the #1 most requested book from his customer surveys; so, it has to be a pretty prominent book or author. Don't really have any guesses yet. I just hope that it is a book that hasn't had a limited edition treatment yet.
          What if everybody spammed the survey with 50 Shades of Grey??

Something similar actually happened with the Rock Band video game series many years back! There was some group online that spammed the request page with Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley. So when the developers released the song in the game, they could proudly say that it was "the most requested song they ever got". ;-)

Comment

Paul contacted me a short while back to gain some unique follow-up information, including a scan, about a title that I suggested, one that I know has an immense amount of popularity and has been mentioned before, so if it's that one I know a good number of people, including me, will be very pleased. It has only had one limited treatment done before, but it was not numbered and was not from the smaller presses we typically discuss here...Paul's edition would truly be the first deluxe treatment worthy of the book's popularity and importance. I apologize for being cryptic or vague, but I figure it's a 50/50 shot and I don't want to either spread false rumors or blow the surprise, so I'll have to leave it at that.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Paul contacted me a short while back to gain some unique follow-up information, including a scan, about a title that I suggested, one that I know has an immense amount of popularity and has been mentioned before, so if it's that one I know a good number of people, including me, will be very pleased. It has only had one limited treatment done before, but it was not numbered and was not from the smaller presses we typically discuss here...Paul's edition would truly be the first deluxe treatment worthy of the book's popularity and importance. I apologize for being cryptic or vague, but I figure it's a 50/50 shot and I don't want to either spread false rumors or blow the surprise, so I'll have to leave it at that.
              I trust your opinions on books so I hope it comes to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Something similar actually happened with the Rock Band video game series many years back! There was some group online that spammed the request page with Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley. So when the developers released the song in the game, they could proudly say that it was "the most requested song they ever got". ;-)
                That would be too funny. Just thinking about the potential artwork or wraparound dustjacket is making me chuckle. I'm horribly inappropriate

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I believe I have book 2 and 3 on the shelf. My wife read and loved the series. The funny part was that she said it was the worst writing she ever read but she loved it. She loaned the 1st book to someone and it never returned. That was probably a good thing as she wanted me to read the series and her description left me less than enthused by that prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

It will probably get lost but I figured I would post it here in case it helps anyone.

Suntup Announcement Schedule Q1 2021:
                    January – March 2021
                    JANUARY 2021
                    Wednesday,January 6th, 2021 Facebook Live
                    Thursday,January 7th, 2021 Announcement and Matching Pre-Order
                    Saturday,January 9th, 2021 Public Pre-Order

FEBRUARY 2021
                    Wednesday,February 3rd, 2021 Facebook Live
                    Thursday,February 4th, 2021 Announcement and Matching Pre-Order
                    Saturday,February 6th, 2021 Public Pre-Order
                    Wednesday,February 24th, 202 Facebook Live
                    Thursday,February 25th, 2021 Announcement and Matching Pre-Order
                    Saturday,February 27th, 2021 Public Pre-Order

MARCH 2021
                    Wednesday,March 17th, 2021 Facebook Live
                    Thursday,March 18th, 2021 Announcement and Matching Pre-Order
                    Saturday,March 20th, 2021 Public Pre-Order
                    Thanks. I’m usually up on this stuff even for publishers I don’t buy a lot from. Work’s been a beast lately so I’ve been off my game.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      Even if it doesn't end up being the February title, you should give more hints! ;-)

Comment

Question for folks who own a numbered of Brother. Is the book as great looking in person? Is the paper interesting? In other words, aesthetically only, is this worth the money. I've seen pictures and really like the way it looks. I have read the story and liked it but it wouldn't go in my top 40.

In other words I was thinking of purchasing a copy but at $300 it is way out of my normal range. Just so folks understand my budget I allocate $100/month* for book orders which includes all books including reading copies.

That all being said I really love the way that this book looks. The negatives -if they can be called that- is that the artwork doesn't grab me.

Anywho...ramble over. Feedback is appreciated.

*Self imposed. I am now only buying books with cash on hand. No more CC's. Those are mostly empty now and are only going to be broken out for actual emergencies.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          Question for folks who own a numbered of Brother. Is the book as great looking in person? Is the paper interesting? In other words, aesthetically only, is this worth the money. I've seen pictures and really like the way it looks. I have read the story and liked it but it wouldn't go in my top 40.

In other words I was thinking of purchasing a copy but at $300 it is way out of my normal range. Just so folks understand my budget I allocate $100/month* for book orders which includes all books including reading copies.

That all being said I really love the way that this book looks. The negatives -if they can be called that- is that the artwork doesn't grab me.

*Self imposed. I am now only buying books with cash on hand. No more CC's. Those are mostly empty now and are only going to be broken out for actual emergencies.
                          Brother is not worth it to me but folks rave about it for some reason . I'm probably the only one who didn't care for it at all. Not the production, the story itself.

I commend you about not using CC's for book purchases. I have that strict policy as well for myself. Although, I do use payment plans and layaways.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It is appreciated.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Brother is not worth it to me but folks rave about it for some reason . I'm probably the only one who didn't care for it at all. Not the production, the story itself.

I commend you about not using CC's for book purchases. I have that strict policy as well for myself. Although, I do use payment plans and layaways.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Since you mention your only barometer is the design and aesthetics, and, as well, that you don’t like the art, the only visible element left, generally speaking, is the paper in which its boards are covered. While in my mind that’s definitely not a reason to drop $300, it is indeed a unique paper in both manufacture and striking appearance. It is also somewhat fragile in that wear spots are easily created by repeated abrasion (removal and insertion) against the slipcase. I also had some ink from the paper somehow at the time of production or shipping transfer over onto the page edges in the form of a bit of spotting. I contacted Paul, and he sent me a graphic eraser and that pretty much cleaned it up. If I wasn’t such a fan of the story, I probably would have sold it by now as the simplicity and fragility of the design (and that spotting) was a bit dissatisfying, but I love the story and I appreciate the deluxe treatment it’s been given, even if to my eye the execution misses the mark by a hair, at least at that price point.
                              Last edited by RonClinton; 01-09-2021, 06:10 PM.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

My views are similar to Ron's. I love the story. I love the paper covering the boards. I have not handled my copy enough to notice the fragility Ron mentions but I have handled it enough to believe that it would be fragile. The actually printing of the book is very nice but not spectacular and the art is just ok for my taste. Value is very subjective. Is it a nice book? Yes. Is it worth spending three months of my book budget on? No.

Comment

Working...
                                X